Autobase, Mileage, Astro Info, HandyShopper, Patience, and Keyring all work fine for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to sgosnell For This Useful Post:
I am trying to get Astromist running under Garnet on my N800 - it runs but does not find it's data files. I have the data files on the external SD card, in the structure required by Astromist and have enabled access to the card using ~/.gvm/cards files. Astromist requires that the files be placed in the root directory of the SD card which I'm presuming is the /media/mmc1/PALM directory in this context?

Thanks
Gary

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
These are some of the essential Palm apps on 2008OS running GVM beta II, 1.0.1b_ITOS2008. They all run well reportedly. How about yours?

Edit: Now this includes N900, gvm beta5

- Sync Address, To Do List, Date Book

Please input links, if you find a good link for free dl (or purchase), thanks

- Agendus Mail
- Agendus Pro
- Astromist
--- snipped for brevity-----
You may have to use "delay shot" in order to do it. I used osso-statusbar-cpu, http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?t=12677: you also have to install osso-screenshot-tool for it to work, just look into your app manager, it should be there already. Another screenshot tool is here, http://tuomas.kulve.fi/blog/2007/01/...creen-grabber/.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
add another new command yourself
[Settings - Commands - New]
Description:
Take screenshot in 5 seconds
Command:
/bin/sh -c 'stamp=`date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M`; i=1; while [ -f /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png ]; do i=$((i+1)); done; sleep 5; osso-screenshot-tool /media/mmc1/shot-$stamp-`printf %02d $i`.png'
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____

I think 5 is too short for this purpose, I use 30, change sleep 5 into sleep 30. I use cut and paste to do this step, i.e., just copy this command in your tablet and paste it when open the new command, that save a lot of headache in typo.

bun

Duh! Moved Astromist directory to /media/mmc1 and all works - thought I'd tried this before. I'm a registered user for Astromist - will have to play with all the functionality. This is the most full-featured handheld astronomical program on any platform.

Gary

Originally Posted by toptox View Post
I am trying to get Astromist running under Garnet on my N800 - it runs but does not find it's data files. I have the data files on the external SD card, in the structure required by Astromist and have enabled access to the card using ~/.gvm/cards files. Astromist requires that the files be placed in the root directory of the SD card which I'm presuming is the /media/mmc1/PALM directory in this context?

Thanks
Gary

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toptox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Just installed GarnetVM on my N900 per another thread....works OK....saw this thread about apps and so posting here as early poster mentioned eReader app, which I installed...

The eReader app opens up OK, but doesn't see any of my books that I copied over to my N900. Also, when I use the Open command from the menu, it doesn't give me a way to navigate to the folder where the book files are kept. So, I'm wondering if eReader is setup to only look in a specific location/folder for book files??

Does anyone have any ideas?

FYI, I do use fbReader already, but I need eReader as I have books that I purchased when I had a Palm before, so, need to open them in this app...

Thanks!

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
The eReader app opens up OK, but doesn't see any of my books that I copied over to my N900. Also, when I use the Open command from the menu, it doesn't give me a way to navigate to the folder where the book files are kept. So, I'm wondering if eReader is setup to only look in a specific location/folder for book files??

I've got on my N800 SD card a directory set up for the eReader books. I don't know whether the directory structure is the same on the N900 but it should be similar. Here is the directory where eReader can find books...
/media/mmc1/SD1/PALM/Books/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pushwall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pushwall View Post
I've got on my N800 SD card a directory set up for the eReader books. I don't know whether the directory structure is the same on the N900 but it should be similar. Here is the directory where eReader can find books...
/media/mmc1/SD1/PALM/Books/
Thanks for the info, Pushwall!

Will try something like that and see what happens....

Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to ArchiMark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Just installed GarnetVM on my N900 per another thread....works OK....saw this thread about apps and so posting here as early poster mentioned eReader app, which I installed...

FYI, I do use fbReader already, but I need eReader as I have books that I purchased when I had a Palm before, so, need to open them in this app...

Thanks!
I think there was a thread on creating a Palm Launcher folder somewhere but what has worked for me is installing the actual book using the Garnet main install menu. Then when you open up ereader the book will be in the list.

Now where it copies to - I have no idea, if it does at all. But I suppose someone could try installing an ebook and then deleting it to see if it's just a symlink to the actual file or it puts in somewhere in the virtual system. :-)

Terry

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terryowen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by terryowen View Post
I think there was a thread on creating a Palm Launcher folder somewhere but what has worked for me is installing the actual book using the Garnet main install menu. Then when you open up ereader the book will be in the list.

Now where it copies to - I have no idea, if it does at all. But I suppose someone could try installing an ebook and then deleting it to see if it's just a symlink to the actual file or it puts in somewhere in the virtual system. :-)

Terry
Thanks for your suggestion, Terry!

That worked for me too....just navigated to the book files and then clicked on each one....easy.....

Nokia N900

Originally Posted by terryowen View Post

Terry
Yes, this way does install it to the virtual system into the gvm.store file. The one thing I found was that eReader will crash the GVM system and wipe out your internally installed apps if you install Webster's New World College Dictionary internally and try to access it when reading an ebook. However if you install the dictionary to your SD card, then the system remains stable without the "wipe-out" problem. That's really the main reason why I install all my ebooks to my SD card for eReader since that is where I store the dictionary.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Spain
I could install and use ptlyrics +ptunes for once time (first time after installation)

After that ptunes fails always when play a mp3 and show the error "Couldn't play song. It may be using an unsupported sampling rate..."
but the mp3 files are correct and ptunes could play in the past.

I uninstalled both apps and reinstalled ptunes again and the problem stills.

The point is ptlyrics uses ptunes on background to play music while ptlyrics shows the lyrics on .lrc files.

In a Palm device I never had any problem, but anything changes in the GVM after using ptlyrics the first time.

If any poweruser can try in a fresh GVM ....

ptunes 4.07 or 4.05
ptlyrics 1.2.0

Tags
apps, essential, garnet, palm