Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
oh please, it's nothing secret from any company. ^^
I just don't want to speak about it, because I don't know if it will work out as planned today. No info - no disappointment.
But i will not be disappointed in any case, i promise

Just for fun...
Ipothetically speaking...
Considering that i should buy a new phone (my 9 years old phone start to breaking apart)...
This is something that i should wait and/or i will enjoy if i will buy, for example, this N9?

EDIT: Ops, didn't read your last reply, sorry then, no more question. Back to work.

Last edited by Donbabbeo; 2011-06-10 at 08:24. Reason: New reply

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
- On the right long-side starting from top, there are 2 visible protruded silver-colored buttons
1 long up/down button (split in half by a mnute gap) and another single rectangular (half the length of the volume rocker) button about 1cm below it.
Hmm... and the Camera Button?

Why should they remove one of the big advantages compared to many competitors?

The 2 level Buttons at the Nokia devices are working just great...

Even Apple have now understood. They are mapping now the Camera function to one of the Volume Buttons. (but its still not the same because of the missing autofocus and exposure measurement while half pressing the button)

And I currently don't like the idea that we wouldn't have a chance to run something like ShortCutD.

What's wrong with hold for focus, release to shoot? Does the same thing and requires less dexterity. The only downside is that you may end up with unwanted pictures, but that's hardly an issue in the digital age.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post

Even Apple have now understood. They are mapping now the Camera function to one of the Volume Buttons. (but its still not the same because of the missing autofocus and exposure measurement while half pressing the button)

And I currently don't like the idea that we wouldn't have a chance to run something like ShortCutD.
Some one had earlier assured us that the 2 step camera button is still there..... so dont worry.

I should be the camera button. Jakiman speak about 2 button, one is the volume rocker and another one is the camera button.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
The photo I saw of the Lankku doesn't show the camera dutton due to the angle of the photo. But you don't have to worry as Lankku is confirmed as having a 2 level camera button. The reason I didn't mention it for that drawing was because it doesn't seem to protrude out like the other buttons. I believe it is more like flat to the body like the N8/E7.

Originally Posted by Donbabbeo View Post
I should be the camera button. Jakiman speak about 2 button, one is the volume rocker and another one is the camera button.
No It is more like N900. 2-button length Volume rocker, another button just below it in the middle of the length of the phone. (possibly unlock/power button) I would not expect the camera button to be located in the middle....

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-06-10 at 10:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Very close now.
- The bezel on left/right side of LCD is a bit wider.
(LCD is narrower and is wider is aspect ratio like the E7)
- Top bezel above the LCD but still on the glass has NOKIA written on it.
(basically, top and bottom is similar in length - symmetrical)
- Camera is even more in the bottom right corner of the glass front. It is also a circle.
- There is a tiny (less than 1mm) gap between the outer edge of glass and the body.
(the outer edge of glass also has a rounded off edge and looks like it sticks out a little bit above the outer body.
- On the right long-side starting from top, there are 2 visible protruded silver-colored buttons
1 long up/down button (split in half by a mnute gap) and another single rectangular (half the length of the volume rocker) button about 1cm below it.
- I don't know how the back looks..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nikrohr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
Any word on how the screen compares to the iPhone 4 or Samsung Amoled screens, I say this because I had a n900. I now have a Nexus S. I'm getting this phone no matter what, I'd sale my kidney I had to....but am I to expect an new best or a very nice screen to date similar to something we have seen before other than the Haptikos technology. Basically, did Nokia **** on everyone with this device and its screen res?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5RmJ...e_gdata_player

And can I get a no to this display for sure. Would be nice, I'd almost have to go out for diner just to celebrate knowing they decided to use this screen.
http://m.engadget.com/default/articl...sic&postPage=1
Any word on this or is it confirmed 480. Fwvga?

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Zürich
Originally Posted by xxMurdakillxx View Post
Any word on this or is it confirmed 480. Fwvga?
i do confirm 4 by 6 icons (24). double of Symbian 3 (3 x 4 = 12) wich has 640 x 360 pixels, so it should be true...

Originally Posted by nikrohr View Post
This looks great, especially the front view.

I know that this should represent HW of the phone, but the icons and labels on screen are not properly aligned.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland