Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I wouldn't want Jolla to use resources for any of these... other more sought features plus outstanding bugs come first. Then again, there are business reasons why Jolla would want to start porting to lesser devices just now - I guess a question in tjc + voting would sort out the desire level gauge.
I have serious issues with the design/quality/look/screen size so I'm desperate for new hw. Love the OS though.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Was connman updated at all?
These are the connman-related files that have been pulled on my device by this 1.0.3.8 - >1.0.4.20 upgrade:

Code:
/jolla/non-oss/noarch/connman-configs-sailfish-0.4.0-10.30.1.jolla.noarch.rpm
./jolla/mw/armv7hl/connman-qt5-1.0.51-1.13.1.armv7hl.rpm
./jolla/mw/armv7hl/connman-qt5-declarative-1.0.51-1.13.1.armv7hl.rpm
./jolla/mw/armv7hl/statefs-provider-connman-0.2.51-1.9.13.armv7hl.rpm
./jolla/core/armv7hl/connman-1.15+git25-1.3.1.armv7hl.rpm
./jolla/qt/armv7hl/qt5-plugin-bearer-connman-5.1.0+git31-1.12.8.armv7hl.rpm

The Following User Says Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
According to below news, Jolla's and their subcontractor's ordering books are already full and they can't ship more devices than what has been already ordered:

http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/jo...a/201403661142

Antti Saarnio says is article that "it is already clear that they will sell hundreds of thousands of phones during spring and summer".

Better than I was expecting, not bad...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
According to below news, Jolla's and their subcontractor's ordering books are already full and they can't ship more devices than what has been already ordered:

http://www.kauppalehti.fi/etusivu/jo...a/201403661142

Antti Saarnio says is article that "it is already clear that they will sell hundreds of thousands of phones during spring and summer".

Better than I was expecting, not bad...
Excellent news if true. Really great! I have to say I'm surprised and also glad. Sail on while waiting for jPhone ll.

I will celebrate by ordering another Android while waiting for jolla to release something cool. Z ultra white. 6,4 inch screen is the size. That's what jolla should release next I hope. A big ****ing phone¡

How do he know that. I'm skeptical...Unless they release something new or open up more markets im call his hand...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-03-20 at 12:37.

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I wouldn't want Jolla to use resources for any of these... other more sought features plus outstanding bugs come first. Then again, there are business reasons why Jolla would want to start porting to lesser devices just now - I guess a question in tjc + voting would sort out the desire level gauge.
I asked about approx ETA for Android launcher just a 2 month approx and got negative comments on XDA (lots) and one or two negative comments and negative Karma on tjc.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
What does that command do?
Reupdate. safe to do and you do not lose anything. disable openrepos fist!

The Following User Says Thank You to Makeclick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I asked about approx ETA for Android launcher just a 2 month approx and got negative comments on XDA (lots) and one or two negative comments and negative Karma on tjc.
I suppose that for tjc it should be a poll-like question with 2 answers: 1. I want Android HW port fast!; 2. I want Androd HW port deprioritised in favour of other features so that you don't get bad karma. I personally don't care about karma, but it always feel bad getting negative karma ;-)

I get Dave999's point of wanting different hardware, but personally my opinion is on the other extreme, as I don't concur that options out there are even acceptable for my requirements, with Nokia being the only exception. Oh, and I hate big screens... the Jolla's is a tad too big, or maybe not the screen but the phone.

Anyway, I expect this thread to be of a miscellaneous nature from now on until update5 is close :-D Are we there yet? ha ha

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
Didn't that get upvoted? Or maybe I was reading the wrong one .

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
Originally Posted by sada11 View Post
Same here...

one more thing, is anyone notice conversation mail error, or bug?
I replay on mail just one more time correctly. Next time when I do replay ( conversation ) The recipient receives an answer as randomly selected numbers, letters and symbols ...
..no one have this problem ??

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Sadly my experience with the latest update is far from it. Mobile data connection keeps turning itself on and I have only LTE unlimited (this also means if I need to travel abroad I will have to revert to trusty n900, roaming charges for data are absurd). Had 3 bugs one after another today, first mobile connection stopped working, airplaining it on/off caused a reboot (green led type) and after that had to play find waldo as all icons got shuffled. Worst of all, 2/3 of first page icons ended up on the last. Rearranging them one by one took quite a while. Might need to revert to 1.0.3.8 if this continues to happen. But fluidity is indeed improved
Sorry, but have you checked your btrfs volume hasn't run out of unallocated space?

I've been slowly studying the workings of btrfs filesystem here:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...ious-problems/

Some of the symptoms align with mine before finding out that there is more to btrfs than meets the eye.

In short 'btrfs fi show' command will tell you if you have any raw space left. If not, it may be the cause of the problems. Running balance operation resolves this (if you are still able to do it).

It is not enough just to do factory reset and update again. The initial problem persists through factory resets, as it is just a btrfs snapshot and not a disk image.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"