Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
hello everyone, i have a fonts problem with my n900, i used theme customizer to install and use a font called Carlise i've been using it for a couple of days, but it had 2 problems, 1- capital and non-capital letters are the same, 2- i couldn't read anything in the browser :@
so i decided to go back to my old ubuntu fonts, but here's the thing, after i went back to the ubuntu fonts, the carlise fonts stayed in the browser, in firefox, in the widgets settings, and some apps's settings, which is really pissing me of now, anyone got a solution to my humble problem ??
cheers guys, and i have cssu installed, and yes i already rebooted 5 times with no luck , and changed the fonts to the nokia pure and that didn't change anything .

It's probably stuck in your Firefox config file. I'm not exactly sure how to go about it, but maybe editing your about:config file might fix it. Or even maybe deleting the Carlise font from your fonts folder may force FF to revert to defaults, but try the about:config command first.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
i already tried the about;config in both microB and firefox, now where's the system fonts folder ??

Perhaps try "fc-cache -frv" as root. Read fc-cache's help page first to determine if you want to run fc-cache with those options.

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jstokes View Post
Perhaps try "fc-cache -frv" as root. Read fc-cache's help page first to determine if you want to run fc-cache with those options.
that didn;t work mate, and yes i did reboot after it ....

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
ok i deleted theme customizer, and rebooted, and the phone was supposed to go back to the nokia sans and the default icons, well it didn't!! it wen't back to the carlise fonts that were bugging my ***, and the faenza icons !!

Does "grep -ri carlise /etc/hildon/theme/*" return any results? If it does, you know what you have to do

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
it doesn't return any result ....

The Following User Says Thank You to elie-7 For This Useful Post:
so i reinstalled theme customizer, changed the fonts and back to the same problem :@

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
So have you tried to delete your carlise font folder to see what's happening? The font folder is in usr/share/fonts .
And more - have you tried to change your theme without using theme customizer ?

The Following User Says Thank You to bingbings For This Useful Post: