Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
My N900 keeps switching to the MMS connection (which it cannot access the internet through) instead of my networks GPRS access point and i basically want to get rid of it.
i dont send MMS messages and i un-installed fmms in order to get rid of it but it didnt work.

this is really annoying especially as it seems to switch while i am in the middle of buffering videos which then causes the videos to stop buffering.

Can anyone tell me how to delete this useless access point and save me from this annoyance?

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
If you created that access point with fAPN (you have used a older version of fMSS), you can use it to also delete the access point. fAPN may also be able to delete access points created by fMSS (but I'm not sure about that).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MiK546 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just rename the mms apn to PMMS (P is after O in alphabets).

this is my theory that has worked at least for now... (bug 9500 if I remember correctly)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
You can delete the connection via fAPN. I did something similar for a vodafone tv packet data connection i'd created via fAPN.

From within settings_intenet connections the option to delete packet data connections doesnt work. That is where fAPN comes in you can create them and delete them..

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-05-30 at 19:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astute For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
Cheers guys
i installed fapn and deleted the access point

The Following User Says Thank You to Horrox101 For This Useful Post:
has anyone ever fixed this without deleting the mms connection? I tried renaming it to zmms with no luck

u can edit the setting apn in fmms to w.e match ur operator.no nneed to delete mms.

no but when my phone tries to autoconnect, it connects to the mms connection instead of my web n walk. it does it randomly as if it searches for available connections and sees the mms connection first so tries to use that. is annoying as hell!!!

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
I do not think you need separate MMS APN in recent fMMS. Just go to settings and set Network mode to Havoc and it will work just like it should. I had the same problem (always had to switch from MMS to Internet APN) but after enabling Havoc mode it just downloads MMS when they arrive. I do not have separate MMS APN configured but MMS works for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
champion, setting fMMS to Havoc mode removes it from the connections list. It's documented in the fMMS thread but irony being what it is a power search throws up loads of threads like this one lol