Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by downstormaf View Post
I disabled completely the avast internet security + anti-virus, as well as the windows firewall but the results of the connection is the same....
Identifying and no internet
How did you connect to the connection. Have you prompted to enter password?

Show me the corresponding screenshot please.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Here are the screen shots of the process.
Attached Images

Here are the screen shots of the process.
I'm afraid for some reason the DHCP request wasn't broadcast (firewall) or the DHCP server didn't response.

Click the 'Change adapter settings', right click the WiFi interface, choose the IPv4, click property, and enter the following information manually:

IP: 192.168.1.99
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1

And then test the connection again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
This did the trick, with no need to turn off the firewall....
I managed to change it manually but used the alternate configuration tab in the IPv4 properties in case I want to change to any house connection the automatic IP will act and when changing to the N900 connection it will also connect but waiting not more than 2 minutes (due to the IPv4 will run the automatic first and after finding a no successful connection it will check the alternate configuration)

Thanks 9000 for all your help and time spent due to my problem

This did the trick, with no need to turn off the firewall....
I managed to change it manually but used the alternate configuration tab in the IPv4 properties in case I want to change to any house connection the automatic IP will act and when changing to the N900 connection it will also connect but waiting not more than 2 minutes (due to the IPv4 will run the automatic first and after finding a no successful connection it will check the alternate configuration)

Thanks 9000 for all your help and time spent due to my problem
You're welcome. I'm glad that I managed to help you solved the problem before I going out for dinner tonight.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
dinner, wow it's 4:07 am over here in Puerto Rico. Thanks again for your help from half way around the world and enjoy your dinner.

The Following User Says Thank You to downstormaf For This Useful Post:
i am having trouble figuring out how to use my nokia 6790 slide phone as a wi-fi hotspot and i would apreciate any and all help you can give me. i dont understand how to create a widget etc if you could help me id really apreciate it
thank you very much for your time have a good day .

Originally Posted by help78 View Post
i am having trouble figuring out how to use my nokia 6790 slide phone as a wi-fi hotspot and i would apreciate any and all help you can give me. i dont understand how to create a widget etc if you could help me id really apreciate it
thank you very much for your time have a good day .
Is 6790 running s60v3? IIRC Joikuspot supports this platform, you'd like to check their official website, or OVI.

i ve tried joikuspot ,Whisher:Easy Wifi,& WeFi for Nokia: so far and i cant seem to get anywhere its driving me buggy if theres any way to do so i would apreciate yor assistance.

Originally Posted by help78 View Post
i ve tried joikuspot ,Whisher:Easy Wifi,& WeFi for Nokia: so far and i cant seem to get anywhere its driving me buggy if theres any way to do so i would apreciate yor assistance.
I see. However, you can't use my script in 6790 as it is not Linux based.