Active Topics

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Francisco
On a whim I picked up a Nokia 770 Sunday and I really like it! It's not going to replace my OQO, but it's pretty cool for the price... It's working as advertised for me, without any WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity problems. And being Linux based, it's hack-a-licious - I'm already using Xterm and my Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard to play in the shell

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone here - I already know some people from the Handtops forums (Reggie, Mike Cane).

Hey tnkgrl! Welcome to itT! Glad to know you foundyou way here.

OT: How's your Mac mini

Hello and Welcome

I am thinking about picking up the Bluetooth Keyboard, is it worth it for you? At the moment I just ssh in from a terminal on my main machine.

-Todd

*Todd* I already own the Stowaway Bluetooth keyboard so that is why I decided to use it. The advantage is that when I'm on the go I don't need to find another system (for ssh).

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Congrats on your purchase! Welcome.

The 770 really is an amazing gadget. Last week I mounted mine to my windshield, paired it with my Socket Bluetooth GPS, and drove to Las Vegas and back using gpsdrive. It's an amazingly flexible device for the price.

I'm jealous of your OQO...the ultimate gadget. Really impress me and tell me you are running linux on it :-)
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

*mk500*, I really like my Nokia 770, but I love my OQO I was dual booting Ubuntu and XP Pro for a while on my Model 01... Since upgrading to the Model 01+, I've been booting XP Pro only (I know, I know)!

tnkgrl: I thought that may be the case, I'll be looking into a bluetooth keyboard as well as a gps unit after the 1st of the year for this. Those OQO's are pretty sweet, but the N770 fits my needs (and wallet) a bit better. Of course if someone was to put one in my stocking I wouldn't say no *grin*

-Todd

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2005 @ San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by tnkgrl
*mk500*, I really like my Nokia 770, but I love my OQO I was dual booting Ubuntu and XP Pro for a while on my Model 01... Since upgrading to the Model 01+, I've been booting XP Pro only (I know, I know)!
Verry cool! Ubuntu must have been sweet on the 01. Hopefully you'll get it running on the 01+ before XP rots your brain ;-)
http://www.markandjo.com/markblog

Hi, tnkgrl. You should be providing some exciting posts!