Notices

so nice , looking forward to more function

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
I noticed that Facebrick now appears in the Repositories!
Is it possible to download and run the app straight away now?
(I tried but it didn't work for me)
I uninstalled and re-installed again a few hours later and it worked, straight off the Repos! Thanks w00t. Loving the "via NokiaN900" stamp!

Can't wait for the new features

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
In the newsfeed UI, some feeds (posted links, youtube posts, farmville & mafia wars crap, etc) do not show at all. I only see the person's name and pic. Basically, I only get to see my friends' status updates and the rest of their feeds are blank. Shouldn't we at least the title for each feed?

Also, are you planning to add a UI showing Profile pages (mine or friends' profiles)?

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
w00t, open up for donations, I want to buy you a beer.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
I uninstalled and re-installed again a few hours later and it worked, straight off the Repos! Thanks w00t. Loving the "via NokiaN900" stamp!

Can't wait for the new features
it should be say "bla bla bla via Nokia N900" why there is no space between Nokia and N900?

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
That's honestly a bit bizarre.

What version are you using?
I have the same issue about lack of authorization

seems promising but some feeds are blank...

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Mh just installed version 0.2.3 via Terminal and got "Errors While installing: Facebrick". The app did not even want to start

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Reading all of the back and forth on this site, with recommendations and praise, reminds me of my last exchange with Microsoft about issues with Excel and Word...

Just kidding...anyone that doesn't understand why free and open source is great should read this thread. This is a high-quality app and w00t is quickly responding to user requests.

Speaking of open source, is the source code out there anywhere? I know you have said earlier you would post it to the repository when you figure out packaging, but I was wondering if it was posted on your site or anywhere else. I am new to Qt and this is a good real-world example of its use.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
Nice little update today w00t.....I like that the original post is now showen in that second page along with the comments (if any)

Since you have gone with the Conversations app type of appearance with the scrolling etc, any chance you can make the text the same as well?
- Light blue names for friends names
- Dark blue names for your own name
- The timestamp smaller
- The timestamp at the bottom, with the post txt starting directly after the name

None of this is neccesary...just me being pedantic, all cosemtic....rather see ya focus on new features/functions....like displaying photos, video and uploading them.

Either way, again, great job, keep it up.
m165's UI suggestions were basically the same. I'll certainly be incorporating some changes to make visual distinctions clearer. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada rox, hit and run, what a poser