This is concerning for me as well.

I have not yet received my N900, but if I understand this thread correctly, the N900 only allows numeric codes for the device lock. If your company requires an alpha-numeric code for the device lock as part of the corporate Exchange Activesync policy, then the N900 will not sync?

My company requires an alpha-numeric device lock code, and my current E71 works without fail.

I have been waiting for the N900 for a while, but if I cannot use it to sync to my corporate mail, it will likely cause me to cancel my order. Am I missing something?

Posts: 320 | Thanked: 763 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Espoo, FInland
Originally Posted by Essel View Post
My company requires an alpha-numeric device lock code, and my current E71 works without fail.
It all depends on the policy of your organization - are non-provisionable devices supported or not.

If they are supported then you will not have any troubles. Otherwise, you can experience them.

More details can be found in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=139

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alcyst View Post
is "This setting specifies whether older devices that may not support application of all policy settings are allowed to connect to Exchange 2007 by using Exchange ActiveSync."

How come that excludes N900s, but not E71s?
MS guys can say whatever they want. This is not about "older" devices. This is about devices which have this feature supported or not. Linux device is a totally different animal than MS Windows device which was in mind of MS guys when they were creating the protocol.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vitaly_repin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaly_repin View Post
Most probably the server you try to use has "untrusted" certificate. E.g., self-signed.
So you say you can only use MfE with certificate, if you use a "non-self-signed-certificate"??
C'mon, if I decide to trust that certfiicate is has to work, right?!

BTW: I set up another exchange2007 w/o certificate for testing and synchronisation stops at nearly 50%... any ideas?!

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by tobert View Post
So you say you can only use MfE with certificate, if you use a "non-self-signed-certificate"??
C'mon, if I decide to trust that certfiicate is has to work, right?!

BTW: I set up another exchange2007 w/o certificate for testing and synchronisation stops at nearly 50%... any ideas?!
You can use a self-signed certificate if you install it as described here and in the following posts in that thread. (Link taken from https://wiki.maemo.org/Mail_For_Exch...rtbeat_and_FAQ )

The Following User Says Thank You to floffe For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I agree with badger. I have the same issue. Sync stuck due to security issues

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
I have the same problem. Synch stops at 30%............I think badger is onto something.....

Originally Posted by tobert View Post
Could you check what protocol is used? My guessing is that it is either 2.5 or 12.0 (probably, this one as you use Exchange 2007).

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
what i really want in this app is ability to choose folders which phone would sync. Today, all folders are synced and i don't need all of them on phone.

Originally Posted by tokuro View Post
what i really want in this app is ability to choose folders which phone would sync. Today, all folders are synced and i don't need all of them on phone.
Check this post, pls.

Tags
activesync, alphanumeric, exchange, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, passcode, password, provisionable, provisioning, security