Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
I nominate everyone who already applied to council but was never elected
That's a bold suggestion, thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Hey ho!

The voting engine has been triggered and about half of the token emails sent already.
It is expected that the last mails are sent in about 5...6 hours, nicely before the voting booth opens at midnight UTC!

If you have not received your voting token yet, don't be alarmed...
Be alarmed only tomorrow, and be sure to check your spam folderia etc

If, after doublechecking you still have not found the email, contact me and I'll fix it for you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Hey ho!

The voting engine has been triggered and about half of the token emails sent already.
It is expected that the last mails are sent in about 5...6 hours, nicely before the voting booth opens at midnight UTC!

If you have not received your voting token yet, don't be alarmed...
Be alarmed only tomorrow, and be sure to check your spam folderia etc

If, after doublechecking you still have not found the email, contact me and I'll fix it for you.
Eeh, minor mistake on the voting page

Starting 2018-12-08 23:59:59 UTC: Community Council Election Q1 2018

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Eeh, minor mistake on the voting page
Indeed, good catch!

It's fixed now;

Community Council Election Q1 2018
The voting period for the specified election starts on 2017-12-08 23:59:59 (UTC) and ends on 2017-12-17 23:59:59 (UTC). It is not possible to vote now.

If you don't understand the error, you should probably contact the Maemo Community mailing list, which can be reached at maemo-community@maemo.org.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks.

btw.: I know the rules. But do we need to cut the council down to 3 as only 5 peeps available?
3 is so easy to miss a meeting and decisions. Work load is heavier and cannit be distributed.
So maybe a redesign of Vereinssatzung?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
All voting tokens have been mailed now!

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks.

btw.: I know the rules. But do we need to cut the council down to 3 as only 5 peeps available?
3 is so easy to miss a meeting and decisions. Work load is heavier and cannit be distributed.
So maybe a redesign of Vereinssatzung?
Hmm yes, the thing is we can change the council rules if we desire to do so.
All it takes, is a referendum and notarizing and registering the new rules in court.

However there is a simpler solution; all we ever need is 7 candidates and then 5 can be elected...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
In court? Really? Why would a court need to be involved in internal business of a dwindling group of old geezers?

If two more candidates is all that takes, I can volunteer to run as long as I do not get elected.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
In court? Really? Why would a court need to be involved in internal business of a dwindling group of old geezers?
Because Council rules are included in the Maemo Community e.V. rules, and e.V. is a legal instrument.

It is really desirable to have a larger Council. Many think that council work can take a large chunk of their time. They are mistaken!

It may be that in the past, there was a lot that needed doing, etc. However, having served the current term, I can attest to the fact that there really isn't a lot of work now. Also even if something could come up now and then, it would most likely not be an issue needing immediate attention - meaning that it could be handled at another time.

Finally, of course Council is team work. Even if one is assigned to do something, and situations come up that mean he/she no longer has the time to do it, it could be delegated to someone else in council. All it would take is a brief notification via email or IRC

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by sicelo View Post
It is really desirable to have a larger Council. Many think that council work can take a large chunk of their time. They are mistaken!
As a former Council member, I too can confirm.

The reason I did not run this time was not for the lack of time, or too much work, or anything like that. It was purely because I did not feel I was being useful and I do not have a reason to believe that changing this time around. But as I say, if you want more members and all that is standing in the way is a shortage of candidates, I would be happy to pose as a dummy candidate. It would be the one useful thing I could do, even though it would make a mockery out of the whole process.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post: