Closed Thread
As much as this has gone off rails, I too hate inbox overload from subscriptions, going to try mentioned methods, thanks. I also like to ask the council: wtf is this:
ask qole too, community, council, no spam, q&a, qole don't know, questions, stay on target, teach qole???
Why is ask the council thread tagged as a joke?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
As much as this has gone off rails, I too hate inbox overload from subscriptions, going to try mentioned methods, thanks. I also like to ask the council: wtf is this:
ask qole too, community, council, no spam, q&a, qole don't know, questions, stay on target, teach qole???
this is a forum
every subscriber can add a tag to a thread
trolls included

this is once again a vbulletin feature the Council has no power over
Reggie (& his team) probably can delete those, but...

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Because everyone can add a number of tags and some dumbhead though it's a good joke to abuse tag system.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
even without subscribing to a thread, you can simply go to your list of posts
(click on your ID => find all posts by immi.shk
beside the thread title above each of your posts is an orange envelop; the envelop is sealed if there are no new posts in the thread and open with pages sticking out if there are new posts...
thanks for reply, yes i know that feature, but IMHO every thread has its our speed, and also as a regular member i know how many comments i make in a day.. and TOM is worldwide thus is updated 24hrs and cant monitor it all the time..
if i make a comment/query and its reply comes after a week of after 10/15days as the thread was inactive by this time.. it will be a bit of manual process
if possible subscribe to next 5/10/20 comments would have been much practical..
but its fine this way too

The Following User Says Thank You to immi.shk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Can i somehow edit other member starting post at thread (application announce)? i'm talking about this thread.
An year has been past from initial topic starter begin that thread, and lately i have release huge updates to application(this and that), and i would like to update information at first post. I tried to contact travla, but he is inactive for a month. Or I should reannouce the application? as it quite differ and upgraded from previous announced version?

Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'll try to figure it out, but usually when someone takes maintenance of a package starts a new thread, precisely to control the first post. So, my guess is that it won't be possible.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I'll try to figure it out, but usually when someone takes maintenance of a package starts a new thread, precisely to control the first post. So, my guess is that it won't be possible.
its up to a forum admin, it is pissible, but not 'easy'. Best guess is that its better to ask admin to lock original thread, with link to new thread that us started.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by misterc View Post

this is once again a vbulletin feature the Council has no power over
Reggie (& his team) probably can delete those, but...
You need to make them aware of, which will not gonna happen without action! Make the hell use of the 'Report This' function! (top right corner of any post)

Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Can i somehow edit other member starting post at thread (application announce)?
Not without moderation rights, someone could alter the DB entry of thread-starter by hand!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Because everyone can add a number of tags and some dumbhead though it's a good joke to abuse tag system.

/Estel
No comment!

The Following User Says Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Humble suggestion. Can we start a new Ask the Council thread for every new Council?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
We can, but what we would gain by doing so? More "searchable" (due to smaller size) "Ask the Council" thread? Or other reasons?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Closed Thread

Tags
council