Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
https://www.fxtec.com/forums/topic/p.../2/#post-35804

????
FML... Really wish I didn't see those posts.
They really need to get their **** together... And we need an official update. If it is actually delayed I want to know ASAP, not after the fact.
They also shouldn't be dishing out info via individual emails before broadcasting on official channels either. That just looks bad

And damn it, commit to a date already. I don't care if it's December 31, but give me some accountability. I would much rather they underpromise and overdeliver than the opposite. They took my deposit over a month ago and I don't appreciate being left in the dark. Apologies if I sound annoyed but I've wanted this device forever now... Waiting on you Chen!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
... In my country summer months are june july and august. ...
If your location is Lemberg as in Lemberg near Pirmasens the definition of summer of Germany applies to "your country" as well. Guess what it starts at June 21st and ends at September 23rd in calendar context. You wouldn't want to say that weather or astronomical circumstances are more appropriate to be applied on a business matter, do you?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Me German as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ravelo View Post
This information is still not officially confirmed yet.
They have no reason to be lied to via emails from fxtec directly.
Given the lack of a ship date and no real updates, we can safely assume it's delayed. But I want to know exactly what the damage is from the source too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
However impatient I am to get my Pro1, today is still September 12th. For all we know, until the point when they send a corrected statement, the lack of new update means they are still on track with their previous statement. Those guys are building something that the market hasn't seen in years, and they are a small team. Can we not cut them some slack instead of making all this fuzz for a few days before even knowing whether they might be late?

Even if they happened to ship on September 21st, or even October 1st, I would be frustrated but still happy with their hard work, and consider they are close enough given all things that are not in their hands, especially given small companies like theirs have very little leverage to push huge factories 100 times bigger (not sure which factory they contracted, but it is likely one order of magnitude more).

Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Given the lack of a ship date and no real updates, we can safely assume it's delayed.
Or the opposite, until stated otherwise. I mean, you might very well be right, but now is not the moment to claim it and blame them; they are still on track as far as we know. It is not like their last communication was three months ago.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-12 at 18:02.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
You sure did not mix up the shipment for regular sales, which is early October with preorder which is still announced for mid September?
This!

October for "global" shipment... Nothing about preorders... I understand those words like that...

edit:
From FAQ:

The current estimated shipping date to pre-order customers is September, watch out for updates over email or on social media:

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

Last edited by catbus; 2019-09-12 at 16:13. Reason: FAQ

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
However impatient I am to get my Pro1, today is still September 12th. For all we know, until the point when they send a corrected statement, the lack of new update means they are still on track with their previous statement. Those guys are building something that the market hasn't seen in years, and they are a small team. Can we not cut them some slack instead of making all this fuzz for a few days before even knowing whether they might be late?

Even if they happened to ship on September 21st, or even October 1st, I would be frustrated but still happy with their hard work, and consider they are close enough given all things that are not in their hands, especially given small companies like theirs have very little leverage to push huge factories 100 times bigger (not sure which factory they contracted, but it is likely one order of magnitude more).

Or the opposite, until stated otherwise. I mean, you might very well be right, but now is not the moment to claim it and blame them; they are still on track as far as we know. It is not like their last communication was three months ago.
Don't mean to sound insensitive but no I don't want to cut them slack. As far as I'm concerned they already got nearly two months of slack when they missed the July Target and are continuing are to receive more slack with each potential delay.

I don't doubt for a second that they're doing what they feel is right but as a paying customer, I want answers... And if there's no answer it's tough to be the glass half full guy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
Will indeed update status very shortly. Team is working hard for the delivery.
I think we have a different understanding of a "very shortly" timerange. It's great you take your time. But leave us a sentence or two pretty please.

However, FAQ says mid september, and they have written the same thing in a comment on facebook a day ago:

https://www.facebook.com/fxtec/posts...63670867461277

We are shipping pre-orders mid-September and general availability will begin in October. https://www.androidcentral.com/fxtec...tarts-shipping...

For order support and questions please email us at info@fxtec.com
Never thought I will ever visit Facebook again and feel violated now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I think I need to make it clear that my intention of posting at TMO has always been as a community member,. And I just want to give as much information as I can. I didn't intend to do official announcement and they were never are any. Everything I posted here is of my personal.

But I think now it's the best to leave it to official FX forum or customer inquiry to answer those. To avoid further mis-understanding as of being FX customer services or something else.

Sorry but I would not provide more comments. Please head to FX forum (although it isn't at the state I wanted but we will improve) and someone from Team FX will get those answered.

Whether I am posting or not I will always be a TMO member and proud of this community.

PS: not specifically to any users here. Nothing personal to anyone.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I think I need to make it clear that my intention of posting at TMO has always been as a community member,. And I just want to give as much information as I can. I didn't intend to do official announcement and they were never are any. Everything I posted here is of my personal.

But I think now it's the best to leave it to official FX forum or customer inquiry to answer those. To avoid further mis-understanding as of being FX customer services or something else.

Sorry but I would not provide more comments. Please head to FX forum (although it isn't at the state I wanted but we will improve) and someone from Team FX will get those answered.

Whether I am posting or not I will always be a TMO member and proud of this community.

PS: not specifically to any users here. Nothing personal to anyone.
Apart from that diacussion i would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind
First is if FX tec1 pro will have FM radio once it is so hard to activate it on SD835
Second is if it will come with android 8 or 9. This because of the problems on XA2 installing Sailfish os on Android 9
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Apart from that diacussion i would like to ask a few questions if you don't mind
First is if FX tec1 pro will have FM radio once it is so hard to activate it on SD835
Second is if it will come with android 8 or 9. This because of the problems on XA2 installing Sailfish os on Android 9
Thanks
I think chen just made pretty clear that he will not answer our questions here anymore Don't know about the radio, but about the OS, Android 9 (Pie) is stated on Fxtec site for os version. https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit