Notices

Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
Thanks. I've installed that now but I'm still getting 'operation failed' when I start the camera.

Is this because I'm on version 46 of kernel power?

I can't deinstall kernel power...am I going to have to reflash my device?
I had a similar problem last year. I had installed several camera apps (FCam, ClassicCam, CameaShutter Launcher, some LowLight app, and a few more).. I uninstalled all camera utilties so I was back to just the base factory installed camera program and the error went away. You can try doing this before a reflash?

i got the failed error after installing Flashlight-Extra GTK 0.2. Uninstalled fcamera, hdrcapture and fcamera drivers and all is OK again now.

I kept getting the 'operation failed' error for the camera as well on titans kernel version 46. Installing fcam drivers from the application manager solved the problem.
I can now use blessN900 as well whereas I couldnt before installing the fcam drivers.

Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
Thanks. I've installed that now but I'm still getting 'operation failed' when I start the camera.

Is this because I'm on version 46 of kernel power?

I can't deinstall kernel power...am I going to have to reflash my device?
I was in the same boat as you. After installing the suggested item in terminal I then downloaded the newest BlessN900 from extras devel in app manager. This has the newer fcam drivers and it fixed my camera. For some reason downloading BlessN900 from app manager before I installed the slightly older fcam drivers in terminal resulted in operation failed.
Not sure why it worked when I did it this way but it did! Also make sure to reboot after installing BlessN900. I am on Titans kernel 46 as well. Hope this will help.

In short install the fcam drivers they told you to in terminal. Then download the newest BlessN900 from extras devel. Reboot.

Here are the working fcam-drivers for kernel-power 42 (original link dead) and the ones in the repos seems broken:
http://gudmundson.se/anders_gud/inde...download&id=81

fcam-drivers_1.0.7-1_armel.deb

If the LED dies... Shut down, remove battery for a while.

Last edited by anders_gud; 2011-03-18 at 12:05. Reason: led issue

The Following User Says Thank You to anders_gud For This Useful Post:
Thank you All.

removing Bless900 and fcam and rebooting solved my camera problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to avipa2000 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by avipa2000 View Post
Thank you All.

removing Bless900 and fcam and rebooting solved my camera problem.
Thanks so much for the suggestion... I did have problem with camera "operation failed". After removing Bless900 and fcam, my camera manage to work without problem and I did reinstall Bless900. I just don't know what actually the problem that caused "operation failed".

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgrade, Serbia
SOLVED !!!

Uninstalled fcam drivers and fcam, reboot...

I saw a couple of posts on here from those who had removed F-Cam and its drivers (0.1.7-1) so I opened FAM to follow suit. However, I would like to suggest a way to keep F-Cam, which includes a somewhat counter intuitive step.
I keep HAM shutdown so it doesn't run wild. This means apt-get doesn't work.
Using FAM, the drivers don't show up to upgrade so I thought I'd have to remove F-Cam to get the basic camera working. As I was removing the drivers, I noticed there was an option to upgrade them to v0.1.7.2, which the changelog says is for the new version(s) of power-kernel (e.g v0.46).
Summary Using FAM:
- open the remove software option
- press the 'C' at the bottom and select all (advanced)
- scroll down to f-cam drivers
- open the dialog box for this package
- if you're running v < v0.1.7.2, then an upgrade will be offered
- select upgrade
- install upgrade to drivers
- reboot
The first step might be substitutable with "open the upgrade option" but not sure.

I have already taken pics using F-Cam, whereas only a few mins ago all camera functions were non-operational.

This is a solution for the "operation failed" message on opening the camera, when the system is running power-kernel v0.46 and F-Cam is installed with driver version 0.1.7.1. If this message appears and pk0.46 and fc drivers 0.1.7.1 are not both installed, this solution may not be appropriate.

Thank you F-Cam team for releasing new drivers.

Hello to all

relating to this issue it happens after installed the kernel for power users

after uninstall this kernel (trough De install Kernel app) reboot N900 and issue was fixed

Don't know if this issue happens after install this app

Regards to all community

Tags
bada 4 gays, bada rox