help for dummy user, which files You renamed and in which folder ???

--------------------------------------

We really should find a way to pass this test, if it is successfull for Pokemon Go I fear other apps will use it, too

Edit: I was too fast, renaming the su binaries is not enough for the test app, but enough for Pokemon Go to run [/QUOTE]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimisti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 383 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong
Renaming su works in Jolla C; but for Jolla Tablet, I can launch the app but cannot manage to login... it just takes forever to load and eventually failed to authenticate. Both Google login or Pokemon Club Trainer Club account have same problem. Not sure how to resolve this?

The Following User Says Thank You to amandalam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Săo Paulo, Brazil
whats files need to be renamed?

The Following User Says Thank You to traysh For This Useful Post:
In developer mode:
Code:
mv /opt/alien/su /opt/alien/su.moved
mv /opt/alien/usr/su /opt/alien/usr/su.moved

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to balta For This Useful Post:
I've been trying to get Pokemon Go 0.39.0/1 to work on Jolla C, and the game does launch up to login screen, but then I always get "Unable to authenticate". Anyone else had this same issue and how to resolve?

I've checked that the account works on another phone. Tried both trainer account and google account based authentication, same error on both. Did also the "su" renaming, no help. Google services are installed with the TJC Jolla C instructions (did try redoing that few times as well).

The Following User Says Thank You to kjokinie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjokinie View Post
I've been trying to get Pokemon Go 0.39.0/1 to work on Jolla C, and the game does launch up to login screen, but then I always get "Unable to authenticate". Anyone else had this same issue and how to resolve?

I've checked that the account works on another phone. Tried both trainer account and google account based authentication, same error on both. Did also the "su" renaming, no help. Google services are installed with the TJC Jolla C instructions (did try redoing that few times as well).
Yh that's not going to happen. Its using the SafetyNet API which checks if your phone is rooted, if the xposed framework is installed, if you're running a factory signed image and other things. AlienDalvik is violently modified. The only way to get around the SafetyNet API is to emulate the way Android app compatibility works for Chrome OS to a T.

UPDATE: And that will only work, if SafetyNet passes on Chrome OS to begin with.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-10-04 at 07:15.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
Yh that's not going to happen. Its using the SafetyNet API which checks if your phone is rooted, if the xposed framework is installed, if you're running a factory signed image and other things. AlienDalvik is violently modified. The only way to get around the SafetyNet API is to emulate the way Android app compatibility works for Chrome OS to a T.
This doesn't sound particularly possible.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kjokinie View Post

Ok, replying to myself. By strike of magic, it started working. The magic seemed to be:
- uninstall aliendalvik
- install warehouse and coderus' OpenGApps Pico Installer
- Install Pokemon Go from aptoide
- login with trainer's account.

I think I also started briefly the play store app that gets installed with GApps, but did not go through the setup wizard and did not enter any google account details to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjokinie For This Useful Post:
as sayed a few posts up it is enough to rename the su binaries...

The Following User Says Thank You to balta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by balta View Post
as sayed a few posts up it is enough to rename the su binaries...
Sorry, but that did not help for my "Unable to authenticate" issue. I would guess coderus' OpenGApps does not modify su binaries from alien dalvik, so the su renaming was not even needed in my case. (The "uninstall alien dalvik" step I did removed my su rename fixes)