Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
eek- running an Android app (the Assassin's Creed Unity Companion app) after applying update 11 drained 50% battery in a little over 20 mins ...

Anyone else seeing poor Alien Dalvik power consumption with U11?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Really? This surprises me, because I had no problems with browser based wifi login in hotels with it. But that was over a year ago.
Maybe (s)he meant automatic login to the network when you are offline and open the browser. The N900 does it, not sure about other models. I have not tried it on the Jolla, I have automatic login when a known network is detected.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
For about 15 minutes I thought they'd finally got CalDAV working. It now shows my four calendars from my account, you can add an event which then appears on my Mac and Android phone and tablet on the next sync but, the event then disappears from my Jolla.

Jolla -> drawer again.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Also, my Jolla has killed my SDXC card. It's gone read only. I can't even reformat it.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Also, my Jolla has killed my SDXC card. It's gone read only. I can't even reformat it.
It may have been your phone or not. SD cards come and go. You are lucky you can still at least read it. In my experience, they can go completely just as easily.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Jolla browser seems to be safe from the FREAK attack (test site https://freakattack.com) vulnerability but both Webcat and Web Pirate are not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to minimos For This Useful Post:
Battery drain in this update is ridiculous, phone is borderline unusable while it drains 10% an hour with Dalvik off in standby.

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by From Vertu with Love View Post
Battery drain in this update is ridiculous, phone is borderline unusable while it drains 10% an hour with Dalvik off in standby.
I am experiencing this too, but I am not sure what is the real reason. These are my two suspects:
  • battery (82% capacity in my case)
  • the default browser - I need to investigate further, but I think it is the main cause of the drain

Anyways, it has become quite bad - when I got 30% of battery, I can be almost sure the battery will run out during the 25mins way home.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I don't experience the battery drain with U11. But I have the browser closed when not in use. I noticed that the browser drains even when not active while displaying webpages with active content.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
I am experiencing this too, but I am not sure what is the real reason. These are my two suspects:
  • battery (82% capacity in my case)
  • the default browser - I need to investigate further, but I think it is the main cause of the drain

Anyways, it has become quite bad - when I got 30% of battery, I can be almost sure the battery will run out during the 25mins way home.
How are you checking battery capacity?

Tags
bada rocks, not again!, tags suck!, yes again!