Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by slai View Post
I wouldnt say any of the android browsers can even compare to the n900 browser. In my experience at least.

Mostly due to the mouseability on the n900, and the HW keyboard making the experience quite a bit better to write on.

Both the stock browser and dolphin HD are worse. IMO.
Come on who are you kidding?
Dolphin browser supports finger gestures, multi-touch, Syncing with desktops, FLASH (does the N900?), etc.

The keyboard is not a great loss when you have applications such as SlideIT, Swype, SwiftKey X, Voice and a predictive text engine that works very well. (depends what one is using it for... I agree, if it were to tap out commands in terminal, then a physical keyboard is better).
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900 View Post
Dolphin browser supports finger gestures, multi-touch, Syncing with desktops, FLASH (does the N900?), etc.
MicroB supports finger gestures (swirl), swype (cursor,history), FLASH (9.4 -still adequate), addons, etc.

Originally Posted by MyNokiaN900
The keyboard is not a great loss when you have applications such as SlideIT, Swype, SwiftKey X, Voice and a predictive text engine that works very well. (depends what one is using it for... I agree, if it were to tap out commands in terminal, then a physical keyboard is better).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
There is still some in this store in my country. Crazy b|tches want €400 for it.
They might be able to get it, too... I can see "new in box" N900s becoming a real collector's item in the future.

My only source left to find n900s is Ebay.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
dolphin hd is a horrible browser that is not worthy to lick microB's boots...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
They might be able to get it, too... I can see "new in box" N900s becoming a real collector's item in the future.

My only source left to find n900s is Ebay.
They have them for a while now. The funny thing is, it's still on expo on the front window, next to a GS2 I am trying to convince them to drop the price for me since nobody has even asked to buy one and it's now an old phone. If they go 300 and under, I'm buying

well yeah the s2 has a lot of custom roms,but not like n900's roms which are a all linux based (well yeah android is linux with a ui)
so then today
decision day
i will be going today to get one of those 2
wish me luck in picking the right one
and thanks to you all for your feedback
so then is it meego or android

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
I never even owned nor tried an N900, but i can honestly say i would go wit the N900. Sold my SGS2 after owning it for a month. Bad experience all around....

good choice ....better experience n900 ....

I LOVE N900. Got Iphone 4 to hold off until the N9, Got the N9 now and selling it to get the N900 back. Nor am I techy or anything. If i wanna do stuff on it ill find a tutorial on here. Great Phone. N9 was good too, but I need a Keyboard., Is meego on n900 anything like it?

Posts: 658 | Thanked: 777 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
Really? Okay, lets see dolphin hd use a mouseover dropdown menu, then Ill concede. And yeah, n900 has flash.

Yeah, I used swiftkey x. Its great for sms. Let me know when you can ctrl-x/c/v on it.