Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Wish by software update:
-integrated skype with video call support
-OSX like search

Wish by hardware update:
-better battery / energy management - solar energy charger - or some integrated way to turn body fat into N900 power

At this stage - I just really want to be able to QUICKLY check a new email. Currently, it takes me 20 seconds, I want that to be 2 seconds.

http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...side_2_seconds

Vote for this brainstorm if you agree, and stick it in your signature, or spread the word some other way!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Ireland
1/. Under Calendar,
Under New Events, Alarm: To set my own time limits to alarm to remind me to get moving. It is currently too restrictive.

To start getting ready for an appointment/Flights/ meeting friends, depending what is required to get there. i.e getting to the airport and ready for Flight. I may need to 5 hours, due to Travel to the airport + check in time + Security checks.

Then Another event could be 2 hours before for example getting to Footbal stadium.

2/. WEB:
On certain webpages uses flash or javascript with controls. Is there a way I can lock the zoom and pan on that piece of the webpage and use controls on it.
Here in Ireland we have a maps better than google for local area views. I find useful to guide people to my house, since using GPS location is more accurate, but people want visual view from a map.
I find it annoying I cannot use www.osi.ie map viewer on my mobile. To be able to zoom in and pan is frustrating.

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publ...33325,672213,1

3/. On "Setting" > "Phone" > "Home Network Data counter"
To be able to reset every billing date and recorded each month downloaded amount in a file to view usage to verify If I need to change data plan with the service provider.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Pinning website to the application menu or desktop with the icon from the website instead of screenshot.
Many websites used apple-touch-icon, would be nice if there’s update or application to use that for web applications shortcut.

Complete Vertical Programs and screen managing. Like Symbian.
Atleast conversations and telephony

Speakers Attached to Screen Panel instead with keyboard because with keyboard mostly they are coverd with hands supressing volume.

Usb and if possible hdmi ports so that I can directly attach anything tht can be attached with computer.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
3G Video Call!

voice command

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
maemo 5 without bugs !!

compatible apps with other devices, video call (tango), what's app etc.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Nokia Maps 3.06 or 3.08 just like S^3

Tags
dpads are fun, ideas, n900, n900 wishlist, revenge of the styli, stuff for nokia to read, the wrath of sty, wishlist