I have some issues too , Drive and Maps apps stopped working , it stuck on loading screen and never start , sometimes happens to work and sometimes not . Reflash didn't fix this .

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Jacksonville, FL
I have some issues with mine as well (64gb black), sometimes it find the fix quickly and some other times it takes more than 5 minutes (which is too much) or just never finds it. I never had a problem with pr1.1 but then again I had a 16gb back then and could even get a fix in my apartment.

I have switched to supl.google, check the syslog and no error what-so-ever.

It is pretty ennoying especially when you have some iPhone fan around you all getting fixes with seconds

I had some problems too, particularly when flying between states in the US, where i would tell it to chart me a course 30 minutes after landing (while in a moving taxi, just for fun) and it would assume I was still in my original state. Same happened when I got back home. In both cases it cleared up eventually, but I had to move around a while for it to clear up.. which was frustrating.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kallela View Post

I have tried reflashing and erasing without success. Update to PR1.2 didn't help either, so I'm going to take my N9 to service too on next week. Hopefully they agree to replace the hardware!

Kallela, did they replace your mainboard and is the problem fixed now ? I brought my N9 to Nokia Care and got mainboard (piiri) replaced according to them but the problem still exist, no satellite fix no matter how long it search for.

I experienced something else yesterday: the phone took forever to find a fix, but when it found it it wouldn't let go of it. I closed Drive but the gps stayed active. So i disabled "Device Positioning", then of course it went away but as soon as I activated it again it came right back. I had to restart the phone for it to go away. Maybe there was a daemon that kept on running! Aye, this phone's killing me

Recently my phone has been having problem with Indoor positioning, it doesn't get anything at all, not ever proximation. I tried all the supl trick and forcedsupl=true. It didn't work, I noticed this after updating firmware to PR1.2, I tried my brother's handset which had minimal alteration (not much apps installed and no developer's mode on), his set faced the same problem too. i think it is firmware related.

Looks like i have solved the problem by changing both primary and secondary to supl.google.com. That means Nokia server fails to work completely?

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Kallela, did they replace your mainboard and is the problem fixed now ? I brought my N9 to Nokia Care and got mainboard (piiri) replaced according to them but the problem still exist, no satellite fix no matter how long it search for.
My N9 is still there in the servce... I'm getting really frustrated and a bit worried when wondering what they are doing or waiting for so long. I will report here as soon as I get my device back and have tested it!

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
This is programming bug in Maps software.

You can reproduce the test switching the N9 to airplane mode (=no network connection of any kind). Drive on highway, start Maps on N9 and place your N9 to the windscreen. You'll get the fix everytime.

If you try to get fix when you are stopped, you won't get fix.

That means GPS software needs motion. It hangs when standing at same location. Doesn't matter withs options have been selected.

I have noticed this on my E7 as well (And on N9 before and after update PR1.2). When I start my Offmaps on iPhone, it gets the fix even when stopped.

Just like Kai_en changing both primary and secondary fixed the problem whether indoor or outdoor, or, stopped or in motion! I get a fix within 10 seconds :-)