Posts: 96 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sweden
That is right, I have ordered the N900 at full price, YES I am crazy, but my N95 (1st Gen) is now on the absolute verge of braking down. the N95 was the first phone ( mini PC) that I did not want to up-grade after the first year.

Realize that I have been using the N95 more like a computer than just a phone, Router ( Joikuspot), Modem, Camcorder, Blog support, email, Skype ( Fring) , Shazam contacts, Media Player with 16gb, the GPS sucks ( Nav4all makes it good enough for emergencies) and my BT stereo HS BH-503 have saved my life during extensive travel.
No device have been able to able to make me plunk down my hard earned cash. especially after the 3GS did not turn out to even Multitask. and YES the 3GS have zillions of games and eye candy, but I want my phone to actually make me more productive and easier to stay in contact with.

I know that Maemo is not fully developed and do have bugs to deal with..but is has potential...BIG potential..
WHAT made me take the step was that I ordered it from NOKIA direct and they gave me sales terms that was great, cancellable / returnable even after trying the device out for 2wks....

and after talking to some guys here on the forum about app development I felt that happy, Open Source is the way for the future...

the biggest disadvantage for me is the 181 grams, will need to look what trousers that have big and strong enough pockets....LOL

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by McChicken View Post
That is right, I have ordered the N900 at full price, YES I am crazy, but my N95 (1st Gen) is now on the absolute verge of braking down. the N95 was the first phone ( mini PC) that I did not want to up-grade after the first year.

Realize that I have been using the N95 more like a computer than just a phone, Router ( Joikuspot), Modem, Camcorder, Blog support, email, Skype ( Fring) , Shazam contacts, Media Player with 16gb, the GPS sucks ( Nav4all makes it good enough for emergencies) and my BT stereo HS BH-503 have saved my life during extensive travel.
No device have been able to able to make me plunk down my hard earned cash. especially after the 3GS did not turn out to even Multitask. and YES the 3GS have zillions of games and eye candy, but I want my phone to actually make me more productive and easier to stay in contact with.

I know that Maemo is not fully developed and do have bugs to deal with..but is has potential...BIG potential..
WHAT made me take the step was that I ordered it from NOKIA direct and they gave me sales terms that was great, cancellable / returnable even after trying the device out for 2wks....

and after talking to some guys here on the forum about app development I felt that happy, Open Source is the way for the future...

the biggest disadvantage for me is the 181 grams, will need to look what trousers that have big and strong enough pockets....LOL
If you think the n95 was awesome..... just wait for the n900..... you will be totally suprised at how good maemo and the n900 is. Of course you will be addicted to it so much that you will never allow it to leave your side even for a couple of minutes!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York
Yea i cant wait october seems so far away.

The Following User Says Thank You to mykenyc For This Useful Post: