Notices

Why is it so important that they are in the ovi store? Look at the apps in Extras, Testing and Devel. Also why is turn-by-turn so important? It's still a cell phone, not a car navigation kit. And when you look at apples restriction, like randomly removing apps, rejecting them (even google!) - how would this be ANY better? This is my number one reason not to buy an iphone.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
My only hope now is that the N900 eventually will be worth some mony as a collectors item in a few decades

Originally Posted by Hossie View Post
Why is it so important that they are in the ovi store? Look at the apps in Extras, Testing and Devel. Also why is turn-by-turn so important? It's still a cell phone, not a car navigation kit. And when you look at apples restriction, like randomly removing apps, rejecting them (even google!) - how would this be ANY better? This is my number one reason not to buy an iphone.
I love Linux and I appreciate all the Developers work done . Ok great work done in Maemo Repo. I am angry with Nokia and its management policies.

Originally Posted by alex-000 View Post
I love Linux and I appreciate all the Developers work done . Ok great work done in Maemo Repo. I am angry with Nokia and its management policies.
So your reaction is to switch from bad to worse? Nice.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland, Austria
The new Nexus One shining on my desk... the old iPhone play music on my dock, and my N900 was my last phone from Nokia. I remember that time when I say all of my friends: iPhone have everything but need a Jailbreak. There is nothing after so many months of waiting. I hope that this good useless phone ever fall in love with someone else. I can see online auctions as people quickly sell these phones for half its value, and I am afraid that before you get Sygic a few months, also sold their copies

So your reaction is to switch from bad to worse? Nice.
150.000 applications, Cydia...i'm thinking about......I repeat I hate the behavior of Nokia

the biggest question for this thread is for me.. how come that there are so many users complaining about turn by turn, yes i also would like to have it, but i guess 95% of those users want to use it in their car right? Maybe 5% will use it when walking? Or do i see that wrong?

I ask this because of 95% uses it for car navigation. Why is it that there are so little request for a thing that you also have to use in your car? And thats voice dialing?? Very very weird..

If i have to choose: now voice dialing or voice navigation. I would choose for voice dialing. Why because that is what i would use daily, now i have to do all kind of dangerous stuff like searching for a contact and dial it with the phone in my hands going something between 120 and 160km/h.
Not to say that if i get caught doing that i will get a fine for about 170 euro....

Yeah, half of that are like 3minute games.

€: Oh no, someone posted in between.
€: Ok, maybe back to the topic.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
As previously mentioned, I still assume that the troubles with the ovi store keeps them from publishing it.
You are right, it is a issue with paid content on Ovi Store. But it is ridiculous that a company like Nokia is taking months to fix something that should be ready from N900 launch, after all an application store is a source of incoming for both Nokia and developers like Sygic... They are all loosing money!!! In most company heads would be rolling due to this huge delay... be it Ovi or Maemo teams (or even both) fault!!

Customers just don't care what are the difficulties of getting the Ovi Store for Maemo ready for paid content, but Nokia should at least give some explanations why it is taking too long to solve a major problem like that... and compromise with a date to fix it!!

You think giving out a date would make it better? What happens if it is not finished at that date? Look at all software (including maemo) - the minority is giving out fixed dates.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn