Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Commercial applications are downloaded from OVI directly as .deb files and installed, so they don't actually appear in the OVI repository. This means you have to redownload each update (and figure out whether there's been an update, as the OVI store doesn't provide any version information).

I went through and found both SPiN and Zen Bound had been updated since I first downloaded them.
I think that Angry Birds update came to me through app manager. That is ofcourse from different publisher and free but from Ovi anyway.

If the situation is really the way you described for all paid content then this really is a problem, five downloads is really little (a couple of updates, a couple of reflashes, and one download that goes wrong and that's it).

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I think that Angry Birds update came to me through app manager. That is ofcourse from different publisher and free but from Ovi anyway.
Yes, free apps get updated fine, as you just download the .install file from the store, then the package is installed from the OVI repository. Whenever the version in the repository gets updated, you get an update notification.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Yes, free apps get updated fine, as you just download the .install file from the store, then the package is installed from the OVI repository. Whenever the version in the repository gets updated, you get an update notification.
Seems that with N900 I learn something new every day

Well, sometimes it is just these plain stupid things like this

But luckily there are also things like FCam API

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
or contact Ovi care support.
Yes, I've read about how helpful they are...
(Though if I was in that situation I guess I would still try - after all, Nokia Austria seems to be BY FAR more supportive than the rest, actually, what I've seen of them so far they're more like what Nokia as a whole should have been.)

But that's more fitted for the OVI thread - let's not defile Secret Exit's lovely home any more.
*still patiently waiting for a way to get both games - and hopefully any that might come out in the future*

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathraiben For This Useful Post:
Posts: 187 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Sunny Woollahra
This is a silly question, I know ... but ...

When I re-download will it keep my progress through the game so far?

(I have 52/55)

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ under the sky
please keep on supporting n900 its the best device ever