Notices

If smscon is active (i.e starting on boot etc.), when someone inserts new SIM card, You'll get SMS send *to* Your master number specified in SMSCON (in case it was Your own number, You'll get it into N9, but You need to recall what You've put there), containing number of *new* SIM card inserted. So, you'll be able to control device.

It would be funny/awesome to catch burglars due to N900 and SMSCON. don't get high hopes, though.

/Estel

// Edit

Of course all of this will happen, *if* and only *if* You've set SMSCON to disable asking for lock code (*not* PIN code) when unregistered SIM is inserted (or, if You haven't used lock code at all). Otherwise, new "owner" will need to reflash FIASCO+COMBINED before using device, wiping out SMSCON.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-05-08 at 03:40.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ San Diego, Ca
Estel

thanks for the info, i sure do hope that had all that set up correctly. if anything pops up, ill be sure to post.

There should be a way (a switch in a kernel or boot code) to selective delay the security code asking until the phone has fully booted up. I'd like to have the security code asking mode ON always when the device is booted, but it does make smscon fail.

Originally Posted by ktrev View Post
Just got a call that my house was broken into and I am not sure if my n900 was stolen. ....
Things happen on a changed SIM have been explained by Estel. But there may be a chance to control the phone via "Remote Host". This works with any sms if only the new sms allows the phone to connect the internet. Hopefully you've setup "Remote Host"...

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-05-09 at 06:22. Reason: Typo: sms now replaced by sim, thanx Estel

The Following User Says Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
^above
SIM
replace
SMS
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Just an idea:

What about a web site that provides a web browser based front end to control registered N900 phones via SMSCON's accordingly configured "Remote Host" feature? Since hosting web sites is not free, would anybody pay a moderate fee to use such a service?

Sounds cool, as long as it does bets use of all available data, i.e. automatically places GPS position in map, etc. Of course it also depends on how high this fee would be, but if it would allow such service running + acted like small donation to SMSCON devs, why not?

After all, it's still possible to use SMSCON without that, and I can imagine, that developing non-web features wouldn't get hurt/slow down.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
smscon 0.9.18-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository.

New features for COM_CUSTOM and COM_SHELL commands:
  • Multiple custom scripts.
  • Parameters for shell command.
  • Above features allow to set SMSCON parameters remotely via SMS.

Read http://wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON#List_of_known_sms_commands for details.

In the wiki there is a smscon_script that demonstrates usage of new features. Beside other things, it shows how to set smscon settings via sms.

The new features do not require changes in smscon_editor.

Last edited by yablacky; 2012-05-13 at 00:48. Reason: Add info about smscon_script demo in wiki.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
smscon 0.9.19-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository
  • Fix poor image quality on COM_CAMERA command.
  • Now SMSCON keeps on running if no SIM detected.
  • New function to let front camera send a live video that can be watched on a different computer.

See wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON#COM_CAMERA:_How_to_select_picture_or_video for details.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yablacky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by yablacky View Post
smscon 0.9.19-1 has been queued for loading into fremantle extras-devel repository
  • Fix poor image quality on COM_CAMERA command.
  • Now SMSCON keeps on running if no SIM detected.
  • New function to let front camera send a live video that can be watched on a different computer.

See wiki.maemo.org/SMSCON#COM_CAMERA:_How_to_select_picture_or_video for details.
is it possible to send a video to email(as a photo is sent) one or two min (user defined)in the next version?

i mean it would be easy to use for a noob.

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos