Posts: 6 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Connecticut
http://gizmodo.com/#!5767273/nokia-culture-will-out

Interesting article, I was surprised not to see chatter on this yet, maybe I missed it.

Basically saying Nokia is driven by accountants and engineers and the user experience falls to the wayside.

The Following User Says Thank You to eightyH For This Useful Post:
You are asking for trouble posting a gizmodo article about Nokia article here. The Nokians absolutely hate gizmodo.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Well, Gizmodo is pretty much 100% bonded to Apple. Their new site design fits perfectly within the iPad's screen, and they forcibly redirect everything else (except other iProducts, I imagine) to their mobile site.

I don't expect them to give anyone else a fair shake. Though the article is well written, and highlights what's been known for a while: hardware came before software at Nokia, and it was weighed down by needless bureaucracy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Just delete this thread.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
It's written by an ex-Nokian.

Not a bad article as such, but that story has allready been told many times. Says mostly the same as the other billion or so similar articles during the past year.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
Well, Gizmodo is pretty much 100% bonded to Apple. Their new site design fits perfectly within the iPad's screen, and they forcibly redirect everything else (except other iProducts, I imagine) to their mobile site.

I don't expect them to give anyone else a fair shake. Though the article is well written, and highlights what's been known for a while: hardware came before software at Nokia, and it was weighed down by needless bureaucracy.
I thought they got banned forever from Apple event after the stunt they pulled with the iphone 4? Isn't their love story over or are they acting like the jilted ex-friend that leaves creepy messages in your voicemail?

Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
are they acting like the jilted ex-friend that leaves creepy messages in your voicemail?
I think this sums it up

@ericsson
Why?

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
I think this sums it up

@ericsson
Why?
because, that's why.

Easy fix!

ca.gizmodo.com

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Is that 1:1 copy paste from here:
http://speedbird.wordpress.com/2011/...ture-will-out/
Ainīt that little unethical journalism?

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, bada sux, i need drugs, i'm naked, xor adab, zelur adab