Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So lads and Ladies, This is TMO!

The yearly event is back! All you guys out there that owns a Maemo device. Its time to charge it up. IF its not working, fix it. The Mega Epic N900 week is back! So throw away you newer devices and charge up you Maemo device for a week!

4 Days to gogo!
Between July 18 - July 24

Due to some stupidity of someone of the control units of TMO, I decide to cancel the n900 week last year. But I now realize they simply have another view of what a freedom of speach is and that TMO is a locked down area where some poeple decide what is cool and whats not. I have always sailed My own way so I simply ignore these bad eggs and continue to have fun.

If you havent participated in the n900 week before it's basically a thread to celebrate the greatness of Maemo and n900. Use your n900 during a week. Tell us what is working, tell us what's not, Are you still using it as your daily driver great, Good. Tell us. Have you rebuilt your n900 to a iPhone killer? Great show us! Have you dreamt of neo900? Tell us why... All things goes! No exceptions!

Previous events...

2014 Nokia N900 Week
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93939

2013 Nokia N900 Week
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=91160

Let's show that someone still cares about Maemo!

...Even in case it's only me

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-07-24 at 07:38.

The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Where do I live?
Good afternoon,

I've bought a second-hand N900 two days ago as my beloved Nexus 5 died. I just found this device by coincidence: I was tired of Android and I wanted to change drastically (and no, iOS wasn't the next option), and I thought this bad guy could be my new best companion.

So I said goodbye to WhatsApp, forgot about rooting my Nexus and started playing around with the FM transmitter, the IR beamer and having fun in the shell. I also got really surprised with the camera, as it took really neat pictures although being engineered seven years ago.

Now I can't be more happy with it: I'm installing lots of cool applications and starting to write some scripts. That's not a matter of a week, have fun and clean the dust out of your N900 one year more. Happy hacking.

P.S. I'm attaching one of the first pictures I've been taking this days with my Nokia, featuring a nice corner in IKEA. Enjoy!
Attached Images

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to cHeXs7eR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
solid! You are right in time...

Intresting switch indeed! How is it working for you?

Are working @IKEA?

Personally I haven't used my n900 for a while and managed to lose all my sim-adapters too so that is my top priority during the weekend.

Then I hope the device will work Monday morning

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
I took one of those low-angle shots in my Ikea, too! Wandering around looking for my Billy parts made me think the Ark of the Covenant -- or at least a child's beloved sled -- were perhaps tucked away somewhere, never to be found again . . .

I'll be switching out to N900 sometime soon(TM) for the festivities. As soon(TM) as the nano coating is worked out, or my gamma round funding, or the kids leave me alone or something.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jul 2016 @ Where do I live?
Nope, I don't work at IKEA, just having a walk in search of bargains

Well... at the moment I'm having quite a bad time with my N900... I'm facing my first brick , I tell the full story in this thread, if you can help me.

Anyway, I am really happy with my phone, and once I reflash it I'm planning to using it as my main one. Long life N900!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cHeXs7eR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
I've been using my for maybe 2 months now (Bought a second one off ebay, my original one had a peeling screen and broken camera).

Since I started using it, I've upgraded the battery to a new 2650mAh with a mugen case. I can use it all day without charging it (bluetooth music, internet, screen on).

I've got a third n900 in the post. Time to start stocking up on parts :P

So gooood'
  • Translink Brisbane script (time to bus/train)
  • Commbank client (check balance)
  • Uber (basic client, request ride, etc)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Have to dig up my micro-SIM adapter out from someplace I have stored it... then am ready to go!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
To bad I'm away and won't reach my N900 until the week is over :-(
It usually goes with me as a backup, but not this time.
I still use it now and then,and it will always be my favorite.

Edit: promise to never leave it at home in the future, so i won't miss out on this next year ;-)

Last edited by Brew; 2016-07-16 at 09:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brew For This Useful Post:
Think I'll dust mine off and use it for this week, till it's browsing becomes too slow, its my only real issue with it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
My N900 is still part of my arsenal though it's just mostly for backup now. Its age is already showing: keys falling off one by one, camera spring scratched the back, earpiece side of the screen has some parts peeling. Aside from those things everything's still fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post: