Hi,

Is it possible to install the USB drivers with windows XP?

Thanks

You shouldn't be using Win XP anymore, it's mainstream support ended a good while ago and it's extended support ends in april 2014!

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
You shouldn't be using Win XP anymore, it's mainstream support ended a good while ago and it's extended support ends in april 2014!
You shouldn't be using any version of MS Windows anymore, it's mainstream usefulness ended sometime last millenium

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
But if i want to use Win XP how can I see my Sailfish Directories? to copy some files.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by n950 View Post
But if i want to use Win XP how can I see my Sailfish Directories? to copy some files.
WinSCP over wifi?
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
According to the Wikipedia page and a thread about the Nexus 7, as long as you have Windows Media Player 10 or above installed, support is there, may work out of the box, but if not you can fiddle with a .inf file to recognise additional devices.

My Jolla has the USB IDs such that the added .inf line (untested) should be:
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\VID_2931&PID_0A01&MI_04

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vitaminj View Post
According to the Wikipedia page and a thread about the Nexus 7, as long as you have Windows Media Player 10 or above installed, support is there, may work out of the box, but if not you can fiddle with a .inf file to recognise additional devices.

My Jolla has the USB IDs such that the added .inf line (untested) should be:
%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=MTP, USB\VID_2931&PID_0A01&MI_04
how to see usb device number? in terminal.

Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Didn't mine work? You can find them in Device Manager, if you find the entry for your Jolla, the properties dialog has them under details - hardware IDs.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
I use Bitvise SSH client on Win 8.1. It gives me a terminal for SSH and a two panel browser to upload/download through SFTP. It might just work on XP.

Hi,

I try Bitvise SSH.

I connect my phone to usb port.

I can't connect why?