Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Name:  2012-04-13_07-39-06.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  24.7 KB

Here's the screen shot. The restore previous is ON in all. Will this do?

EDIT: Ignore Kratos
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
Attachment 25780

Here's the screen shot. The restore previous is ON in all. Will this do?
You need 1.6.0-beta for those kind of rules to work.

They won't work on ProfileMatic 1.5.0 version because only the first matching rule is active at a time.

Edit: Lol at Kratos.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
You need 1.6.0-beta for those kind of rules to work.

They won't work on ProfileMatic 1.5.0 version because only the first matching rule is active at a time.

Edit: Lol at Kratos.
How do I get 1.6.0

How do I get 1.6.0
1. Uninstall old ProfileMatic
2. Install this http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi...eta2_armel.deb

Clicking on the link gives me the core language, no option to install, forgive me I'm not that clued up with these things.

Clicking on the link gives me the core language, no option to install, forgive me I'm not that clued up with these things.
No problems... the web-server is a bit annoying.

Download the file to your computer. Transfer it with USB to your phone. Then install it using some file manager (such as Filebox).

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
I'll try that when I get home thanx

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Hi,

support for NFC tags has been in my plans. But I need N9 first (only have N950, which doesn't have NFC).

But when I can afford N9 I will work on it.
Hi, I would second a NFC request. After getting a Nokia Play I was so impressed by NFC pairing, that I bough few Mifare tokens to play with them. As I found, currently only app I could launch is NfcInteractor, and I had this brilliant idea :-) to put one on dashboard and launch drive and HF when in car...

Where donations towards your N9 could be sent?

Originally Posted by Ckris View Post
Hi, I would second a NFC request. After getting a Nokia Play I was so impressed by NFC pairing, that I bough few Mifare tokens to play with them. As I found, currently only app I could launch is NfcInteractor, and I had this brilliant idea :-) to put one on dashboard and launch drive and HF when in car...

Where donations towards your N9 could be sent?
Donations link is in the hompage at http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/

Though I've already gotten N9 (my wife got tired of my whining and bought me one). Nevertheless, it's bought on loan money, and I'll still need to invest into NFC tags for experimenting, so of course donations are much appreciated in any case.

I haven't looked at the NFC APIs available on N9, nor the specifications, at all yet, so I don't even know for certain what kind of support in ProfileMatic is possible. Naively thinking it would be just one condition among others, but it remains to be seen.

It is however a topic that interests me personally, so I do want to research it soon. Anyway, the order of features I implement to ProfileMatic is also much influenced on user's requests, so these kinds of requests are useful in gauging the interest.

Of course ProfileMatic is also open source, so anyone can offer to do the NFC support if their patience runs dry on my admittedly leisure pace (due to unfortunate obligations in "real life") of working on it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Donations link is in the hompage at http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profilematic/

Though I've already gotten N9 (my wife got tired of my whining and bought me one). Nevertheless, it's bought on loan money, and I'll still need to invest into NFC tags for experimenting, so of course donations are much appreciated in any case.

I haven't looked at the NFC APIs available on N9, nor the specifications, at all yet, so I don't even know for certain what kind of support in ProfileMatic is possible. Naively thinking it would be just one condition among others, but it remains to be seen.

It is however a topic that interests me personally, so I do want to research it soon. Anyway, the order of features I implement to ProfileMatic is also much influenced on user's requests, so these kinds of requests are useful in gauging the interest.

Of course ProfileMatic is also open source, so anyone can offer to do the NFC support if their patience runs dry on my admittedly leisure pace (due to unfortunate obligations in "real life") of working on it.
NFC would be an interesting addition for availability, bluetooth, etc. NFC would only be activated for a short time compared to the continuous WIFI or cell IDs, but the way v1.6 works with multiple rules in parallel could make short-lived rules (assuming 'restore to previous' is disabled) workable.
The tricky bit might be matching NFC tag NDEF code but I suppose it's not miles away from how the cell ID works...
Food for thought anyway...

The Following User Says Thank You to WhitP For This Useful Post: