Notices

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Hi,

ScummVM 0.13.0 was released and uploaded to OS2006/7/8 extras repositories including Diablo. Using version from Maemo extras is preferred. There is also self-contained binary for any OS at http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo/#scummvm.

If you currently use older version it may be good idea to

- backup your saved games (~/.scummvm unless set in UI differently) and config file ~/.scummvmrc if you want to go back to previous one

- get up to date supplementary files for some games
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/s...s/engine-data/

- read what is new (not much :-)
http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/s...ch-0-13-0/NEWS

There are some new engines and bugs were fixed but nothing major. Maemo specific changes:

* Feeble Files mapping added (game can be bought for $6 and downloaded from GOG.com)
* task switcher item name patch from mikkov

BTW the gog.com link contains referral id, scummvm.org gets some money if you register via this link and buy games (feeble files, simon the sorcerer, waxworks, broken sword 2, ..). See details here.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2009-03-01 at 14:08. Reason: info + link updated

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Hopefully this time we'll finally get Diablo version in the repository thanks to mikkov.
Just to let you know that 0.13.0-1 is in Diablo extras-devel now. Should be in extras tomorrow together with OS2006 and 7 packages. So finally proper scummvm package in Diablo extras repo :-)

BTW there is one bug in 0.13.0 - it crashes on startup when 'fullscreen' settings is present in .scummvmrc. Sadly this gets written if you set any global options via GUI (Options button on launcher screen). Bug is fixed in 0.13.0-1.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Thank you Fanoush!

Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen will be also promoted to diablo extras. I may still make a new zenity based installer prompt. If somebody has better icon for the Queen, I will change that too.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikkov For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Many thanks for the new version but version 0.13.0-1 will not launch from the menu due to the dbus service file not being installed (I checked /usr/share/dbus-1/services/ and no scummvm file was there and it only started when I commented out the service line in the scummvm desktop file).

P.S Mikkov, if you do use zenity from extras, congrats on being the first to do so...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-02-27 at 18:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
thanks for testing, will fix asap, this is in separate patch managed by quilt, sadly quilt runs from debian/rules and the patch should modify the very same file with line to add service file installation, that's funny. Now I see why mikkov's debian/rules had no quilt unpatch in 'clean' target so the source stays patched. EDIT: not true, he had it there after all but change in rules was not part of the patch, will do the same

Last edited by fanoush; 2009-02-27 at 20:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
hmm, at least my copy of 0.11.99-4 has clean: unpatch

Generally using patches against packaging stuff (anything in debian/ directory) doesn't make any sense, because patching is part of the packaging.

btw, I updated some libraries to vfp enabled

Last edited by mikkov; 2009-02-27 at 20:19.

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
hmm, at least my copy of 0.11.99-4 has clean: unpatch
Yes, sorry, did not notice, added it later to my version after educating myself how quilt works.

Generally using patches against packaging stuff (anything in debian/ directory) doesn't make any sense, because patching part of the packaging.
Yeah, so the patch is not self contained and needs changes in debian/rules too. A bit illogical but there is no way around it.

Last edited by fanoush; 2009-02-27 at 20:14.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yeah, so the patch is not self contained and needs changes in debian/rules too. A bit illogical but there is no way around it.
That's true, patch is half done. To make it self containing it should patch scummvm makefiles to install .desktop and .service files to proper directories.

it should patch scummvm makefiles to install .desktop and .service files to proper directories.
Right, perhaps most of the install stuff should be moved outside of debian/rules into install part of scummvm makefiles. At first it just seemed easier to me to put it to debian/rules so real scummvm makefiles are not touched

BTW, -2 is uploaded to builder, last time it took 40 minutes. Hopefully there is no oher bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
I haven't noticed any problems with -2, but I only tested very briefly.

All libraries should be in extras now.