Active Topics

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
No, there seems to be some bug in osso-xterm when switching back (i.e disabling BT keyboard), virtual keyboard pops up but no keystrokes go into xterm window anymore. When new window tab is created it works but the old one not. happens for me with osso xterm from maemo hackers site (the one with vera font). Not tried the basic one in maemo repo.

I have installed 2.2006.39-14 2006os and downloaded n770_initfs_flasher.tgz to ~/MyDocs But I can not extract it. Could someone help me?

1. Can I save the Downloaded n770_initfs_flasher.tgz in /home/user or /MyDocs directory? If not, which directory would you recommand?
2. How to extract the file? I tried: tar xvzf n770_initfs_flasher.tgz but can not get it to work.
3. How to make it excutable?
4. How to run the script?
5. Do I need to become root in order to execute above steps?
Thanks.

if you used opera on device try to omit 'z' from tar options, opera is too clever and decompresses it on download. Otherwise the download may be corrupted, try again or try on desktop pc first.

5. no but 'sudo gainroot' must give you root shell. if not then become root in your preferred way and run script as root

if you used opera on device try to omit 'z' from tar options, opera is too clever and decompresses it on download. Otherwise the download may be corrupted, try again or try on desktop pc first.

5. no but 'sudo gainroot' must give you root shell. if not then become root in your preferred way and run script as root
================================================== ==========
fanoush,

I followed your instructions to install the bootmenu. The script worked like a charm. Thank uou vey much.

I also have aother question. During the clone process, I executed apt-get -d install tar, it was ok. But when I type dpkg -x /var/cache/apt/crchives/tar..14-2.losso_armel.deb
I got the following message

dpkg-deb: -extract needs a target directory. Perhaps you should be using dpkg --install?

Could you please advise what should I do?

Thanks for your help.

hower

Originally Posted by hower
But when I type dpkg -x /var/cache/apt/crchives/tar..14-2.losso_armel.deb
I got the following message

dpkg-deb: -extract needs a target directory. Perhaps you should be using dpkg --install?

Could you please advise what should I do?
Perhaps you could give it a target directory if it says so :-)

Code:
dpkg -x foobar.deb .

Originally Posted by fanoush
Perhaps you could give it a target directory if it says so :-)

Code:
dpkg -x foobar.deb .
faoush,

Thank you very much for your help and the work you did to install Bootmenu. I am now able to boot from mmc2 and flash. I checked out all programs including opera, they all works perfect. The performance is very respectable and no hesitate at all.

hower