Notices

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Synchronize no, I got confused with Palm. But you can send it to another device in another text (mobile, etc) and also between N900 with this application.

It gives me error in line 3 to run snxm.setup.

Does not work if I run snxm.py

---------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------
Solved

Last edited by WhiteWolf; 2010-10-09 at 17:15.

~ $ ./snxm
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "snxm.py", line 18, in <module>
ui = MainWindow()
File "/home/user/MyDocs/snxm/ui/mainwindow.py", line 87, in __init__
self.newnote = NewNote(self)
File "/home/user/MyDocs/snxm/ui/newnote.py", line 46, in __init__
for preset in self.presets :
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

just installed it but it crashes upon opening of the app... any ideas?

Whitewolf: Hmm, my bad. I think I added the "Presets" stuff recently and forgot to test it with an empty database like a new user... will look at it and fix it tomorrow, sorry.

iceman600: if you run snxm in xterm like Whitewolf did, what is the error message ? Same one ?

Last edited by fpp; 2010-10-09 at 19:36.

Got it, stupid typo, sorry all... Updated package will be up shortly.

Okay folks, updated archive is in first post... just unpack it over the old one and try again, should work now.

Now I work.

I find that when you create a new note, you can not write the title directly. You have to play with the finger in the title field to write.

Recommendations:
Rich Text "option as the application" notes. "
-Creating numbered lists / bullets.
-Admit hyperlinks between notes, or outdoors.

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Now I work.

I find that when you create a new note, you can not write the title directly. You have to play with the finger in the title field to write.

Recommendations:
I doubt whether these are possible as essentially this is a simplenote client. And as far as I know, simple note doesn't support any rich text or links, etc.

Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Now I work.
I can't reproduce this, can you tell me more about how/when that happens ?
Normally:

- if you use the default mode, you create the title with the 'note creation' screen (with presets, date etc.). When you validate that, the next 'note view' screen does have focus on the (empty) note body field, because the title is supposed to be done.

- if you check 'simple mode' in Settings, and create new notes directly in the 'note view' screen, the empty title field has the focus.

Do you see otherwise ?

Recommendations:
Well, I don't think it would make much sense for me to go down that way, for two reasons.

First, there are already several good apps that do such things : portable Wikis like Treeview or Zim, and Conboy which supports Rich Text. No good reason to create yet another IMHO.

Second, as ejasmudar already said, SnXM's original goal is to be a Simplenote client, and Simplenote's choice is to be fast, lean, simple and use only Plain Text. Anything I add to SnXM that is not supported by Simplenote will not be very useful.

My short-term goals for SnXM is to support Simplenote API V2, especially tags. Then to "add value" to the client with an efficient UI to add tags to notes, better search, and maybe an original idea or two, but always staying compatible with the Web version.

Last edited by fpp; 2010-10-11 at 21:48.