Active Topics

Notices

how to get this theme? when i go to file manager what should i search for?

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
You need to have extras-testing catalog enabled and then search for iStyle.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by kavekave View Post
The theme is not yet in the normal extras repository, which is enabled by default on your N900. Instead, the theme is still in the extras-testing repository.

The extras-testing repository can be enabled from within the Application Manager, but you should know that applications in extras-testing can have bugs that can make your N900 misbehave.

There are good explanations on these things and more here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Repository

Here's a page specifically about extras-testing: http://wiki.maemo.org/Extras-testing

The Following User Says Thank You to mannakiosk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
i've installed it and am using since the morning... I LOVE IT... In fact, this is the first theme which has survived the day on my device except the stock themes from Nokia.... Nice Work Sir!

You are simply the best Maemo 5 Theme maker/designer ..

Keep it UP!!

Thanks for this theme - it's fantastic.

*If* I could make one observation - the pale blue keys on the on-screen keyboard look a little 'washed-out' (neither recessed nor raised), almost one-dimensional next to the grey special character keys....perhaps some more definition down the vertical sides of the buttons would 'raise' them up out of the screen ?

In any event, a great theme, and thanks for catering for those of us who prefer lighter themes !

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
Thanks for this theme - it's fantastic.

*If* I could make one observation - the pale blue keys on the on-screen keyboard look a little 'washed-out' (neither recessed nor raised), almost one-dimensional next to the grey special character keys....perhaps some more definition down the vertical sides of the buttons would 'raise' them up out of the screen ?

In any event, a great theme, and thanks for catering for those of us who prefer lighter themes !
Virtual keyboard will look awesome with PR1.2 firmware. I can't make themes anymore that supports PR1.1/1.11 virtual keyboard since extras-builder is already building only PR1.2 packages. So you just have to wait for PR1.2 to come out and then see that virtual keyboard's buttons looks just the same as other buttons on the theme

If someone knows how can I take screenshot of virtual keyboard, please tell me so that I can upload a sample how it's gonna look (I'm running my device with leaked PR1.2 and already have that new virtual keyboard).

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
This looks generally excellent. I don't personally like the wave in the background too much, but just one or two remarks.

I guess it's the firmware issue that made/received calls list is unreadable whereas the phonebook is just brilliantly clear. Similarly, the Foreca weather widget is unreadable and it doesn't get better even when opening the app.

Apart from these, it's by far the best white/light theme that I have seen.

Originally Posted by Haus3r View Post
Haha you really like it black/grey don't you Great theme - again - thanks my friend!
Sorry for the digression but....

Just out of interest, whats are those 3 icons/Widgets you have in the top right hand corner of the screen, one says GPRS on it, where did you get them from ??

Originally Posted by demos View Post
I guess it's the firmware issue that made/received calls list is unreadable whereas the phonebook is just brilliantly clear.
No it's not. Reboot your phone after selecting the theme so that OS refresh it's font coloring to match current theme.

Similarly, the Foreca weather widget is unreadable and it doesn't get better even when opening the app.
Yep, blaim foreca for coding the app shitty

Apart from these, it's by far the best white/light theme that I have seen.
Thanks

Tags
theme release