Active Topics

Poll: Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Which OS will be the first choice on your Nokia N900?

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
That's a positive development in Meego that I always welcome - choices and support (from Nokia).

I have seen the Zaurus die due to lack of support (not lack of choices though) and I am glad Nokia is taking this path to wider acceptance of Maemo/Meego by going this dual route.

And I am glad to hear that Meego will be supported on the N900. All these contrary 'expect analysis' (read rumours and innuendos) flying left and right was getting the better of me in these forums.
And that's why reading wikis and digging deeper into details *cough* by performing a search *cough* will always result a happy face.. just like this:

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ UAE/Dubai/Burj Khalifa
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
And where's the proof of what you're saying?
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
MeeGo will be released officially for the N900, since the N900 is the reference ARM hardware of the MeeGo project.
I asked some "people" in Nokia, they told me it will not be released OFFICIALLY, instead it will be available to download in external firmware packages (like with windows mobile scene)
Believe it or not...its up to you

Its time to stop posting!!!!!
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/1646/stopposting.jpg

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
After PR1.2, I think there won't be any firmware releases from Nokia in Maemo5.
It is a question of dividing resources, so they probably will consentrate fully on Meego after PR1.2. That is why it is not good to hurry with PR1.2 until all known bugs and design flaws are really fixed.
Nokia wont do that , there are always more bugs...they will support N900 for at least two years. MeeGo 1.0 wont be as good as Maemo , also we still need Ovi Maps to work properly

I read couple of days ago that Nokia is going to release another Maemo device in summer.

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post

I read couple of days ago that Nokia is going to release another Maemo device in summer.
URI?
Source?

Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
I asked some "people" in Nokia, they told me it will not be released OFFICIALLY, instead it will be available to download in external firmware packages (like with windows mobile scene)
Err... Qgil works for Nokia (community relations I think). Though I think your right in some way, it won't be supported officially (e.g. Ovi Maps or whatever)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-04-18 at 18:45.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
both

because the n900 is just that awesome

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
Harmattan/MeeGo no doubt.
To me Harmattan/MeeGo is just next version and clearly better than Maemo 5, but that will of course really seen with first device releases. Talking about Harmattan/MeeGo.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Ahmed360 View Post
You do understand that Quim Gil (qgil) is a Nokia employee right? And not just any employee.. Read more about him and you will know that whatever he says, is true.. Believe it or not... it's up to you...

and @laughing man... Why wouldn't Ovi Maps not be supported?? The new Ovi maps afaik is going to be created under the QT framework.. and afaik MeeGo runs QT natively.. So what's the problem there?

Last edited by bandora; 2010-04-18 at 18:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
You do understand that Quim Gil (qgil) is a Nokia employee right? And not just any employee.. Read more about him and you will know that whatever he says, is true.. Believe it or not... it's up to you...

and @laughing man... Why wouldn't Ovi Maps not be supported?? The new Ovi maps afaik is going to be created under the QT framework.. and afaik MeeGo runs QT natively.. So what's the problem there?
Depends if Nokia offers it on Ovi Store for free, or only bundles it with new Nokia devices running Meego.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
How can you expect people to choose between an available OS and one still in the making?
You should ask the same question in 6-12 months

Tags
continuity, support, you wish