Notices

Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
your right. But for this is not so easy to apply it for windows. Also Linux programmer offen not programming for the devil (Windows)

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by fhutt View Post
Is there any plan to port Billboard to the Windows Mobile platform so that it could be used on the newer phones like the 1020?
Not sure if third party apps can be "plugins" to Windows Phone's LPM screen. If they can, a port is theoretically possible, but for practical reasons would mostly be a rewrite from scratch.

According to one forum post, it's not possible for third party apps. Remember that even on the N9, Billboard is mostly a hack, using the fact that the operator logo can be set at runtime to a different image. Billboard actually renders and sets an operator logo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Thank you for that explanation.
There are apps for the Windows Mobile standby screen that place logos, pictures and text on the screen. However, none of those apps appear to do anything useful (I think) like signal strength, wifi on/off, bluetooth on/off, allow scripts, etc. Billboard for the N9 leaves all those apps for dead.
That is why I was asking about plans for a port (rewrite).
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to fhutt For This Useful Post:
btw, i dunno if you feel like doing a release, but i have no problems to report with the build ive been running for the last month or two.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
As I wrote earlier, I would immensely appreciate a port of Billboard for Sailfish. This would be a huge boost in usability.
As of today, Sailfish is still not on par with Meego in terms of usability, a port of Billboard would help.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by fhutt View Post
I am not sure I understand the term "Harmattan install on Lumia ".
I am assuming that it means to be able to install the current program on the Lumia.
However, I don't know how this could be since the Harmattan is a Linux based system and Lumia is a Windows system.
I think the poster was wishing the Harmattan OS could be installed on the Lumia, replacing Windows Phone OS altogether. Which would be cool with the 1020's larger screen and monster camera, but probably also impossible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by chilango View Post
Much better if we can Harmattan install on Lumia
Yes, from Nokia with love...

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
btw, i dunno if you feel like doing a release, but i have no problems to report with the build ive been running for the last month or two.
Good idea, have done so now. Billboard 2.0.1 is now out. Grab it from the website or from OpenRepos/Warehouse.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Argh, I just typoed "2.1.0" into the about text, so for all intents and purposes, let's assume "2.0.1" and "2.1.0" is the same (and the next one will then be > 2.1.0 to avoid confusion).

Now I hope wolke does some more patches so we can have another version that fixes the version numbering

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
dbus appears to be broken in 2.0.1. i have no idea why. my deb still works.

user:~$ /opt/billboard/bin/billboard-cli -r
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name io.thp.billboard was not provided by any .service files

user:~$ dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=io.thp.billboard / io.thp.billboard.render
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name io.thp.billboard was not provided by any .service files

user:~$ apt-cache policy billboard
billboard:
Installed: 2.0.1
Candidate: 2.0.1
Version table:
2.0.1 0
500 http://harmattan.openrepos.net personal/main Packages
*** 2.0.1 0
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
2.0.0+teleshoes1 0
2.0.0+teleshoes0 0
2.0.0 0
1.1.1 0

EDIT: figured out how to debug qdbus. this is the error:
"Connection ":1.112" is not allowed to own the service "io.thp.billboard" due to security policies in the configuration file"

Last edited by wolke; 2015-05-18 at 21:16.