Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by gsalone View Post
Also, how can I change language during message writing? If i need mixed characters in a message, for now i have to go to settings, change text input language and continue message, which is really not very easy.
You mean switching the keyboards? You can simply swipe from the right side of a keyboard to get another keyboard...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
You mean switching the keyboards? You can simply swipe from the right side of a keyboard to get another keyboard...
OK i feel like an idiot.. Thanks mate

now if only i could find this option for reduced support..

and also, swype is not working with this Greek either, right? I cannot find it in the list of supported languages

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
OK i feel like an idiot.. Thanks mate

now if only i could find this option for reduced support..

and also, swype is not working with this Greek either, right? I cannot find it in the list of supported languages
Sorry Greek is really greek for me

Check it under Swype Settings->Active Languages...Scroll the list as some languages are indicated by their native characters instead so I don't know whether greek is one of them

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Sorry Greek is really greek for me

Check it under Swype Settings->Active Languages...Scroll the list as some languages are indicated by their native characters instead so I don't know whether greek is one of them
been there, checked that.. no Greek

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I have same problem, i searched everywhere but i cannot find this option... anyone help please?

Also, how can I change language during message writing? If i need mixed characters in a message, for now i have to go to settings, change text input language and continue message, which is really not very easy.
Settings -> Applications -> Messages -> Character encoding -> Reduced

For swype there is a thread on how to install Symbian gdb.le files (which includes Greek) on the N9, I tried it on PR1.1 and it didn't work but they since then upgraded swype so maybe now it works.

Language when typing changes by swiping the keyboard from the edge.

OOPS, too late.
So that you don't feel like an idiot, if you check the first post I had the same problem

And back then it was even easier, as you could swipe from everywhere to change keyboards

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Settings -> Applications -> Messages -> Character encoding -> Reduced

For swype there is a thread on how to install Symbian gdb.le files (which includes Greek) on the N9, I tried it on PR1.1 and it didn't work but they since then upgraded swype so maybe now it works.

Language when typing changes by swiping the keyboard from the edge.

OOPS, too late.
So that you don't feel like an idiot, if you check the first post I had the same problem

And back then it was even easier, as you could swipe from everywhere to change keyboards
hahaha!!! ok then
i found thread but it seems that it is not working anymore. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81718

many thanks for the tips!

Last edited by gsalone; 2012-10-15 at 18:53.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Hello.
To have Greek on Swype, extract the archive from the following link to "home/user/.swype/data". If the folder does not exist, create it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sb2n0douk9i57h

The Following User Says Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SynergyX View Post
Hello.
To have Greek on Swype, extract the archive from the following link to "home/user/.swype/data". If the folder does not exist, create it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5sb2n0douk9i57h
Does this trick works in PR1.3?
According to this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81718, swype has been changed after 1.1...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, Greece.
Does this trick works in PR1.3?
According to this http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=81718, swype has been changed after 1.1...
This was created for PR 1.2 and I tested it on PR 1.3 before uploading of course ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to SynergyX For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SynergyX View Post
This was created for PR 1.2 and I tested it on PR 1.3 before uploading of course ;-)
Yes it works
Maybe you could post this also to the above thread, as some people may appreciate this!

But ok, do we need all these extracted files? Is not enough to keep only the seven*.le ones? Just asking

Tags
harmattan, keyboard layout