Notices

Banned | Posts: 82 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Israel
i successfully attached a usb keyboard on my n800 and works perfect but i don't know how to change to the second language,in this case it's hebrew.it doesn't let me enter to the virtual keyboard settings and change it from there and with the shorcut keys on a standard keyboard in windows it doesn't go too.. (alt+shift) does anybody know how to change to the second language? thanks.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Moscow
Try to type with right alt held down. This works if you use "Nokia SU8W" keyboard type.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Just go to control panel and set the locale to the bluetooth keyboard. That will also setup the locale to your usb kb.

thanks guys i already did that it's just nokia doesn't support hebrew

The keyboard mapping files are on the device and you can edit them pretty easily once you switch to root mode. Can't remember the exact location. Perhaps someone could google it.

doesn't matter konttori,it's a mess and i don't like to mess with linux u're great,u're usb control is great,u should work at nokia keep doing some more usefull things konttori and thanks for trying to help

I actually started to work at nokia about half a year ago at the maemo team. I can voice out the request for hebrew layout support for you.

that would be awesome konttori,i have already hebrew but in the virtual keyboard so when i use a standard usb keyboard i get several languages,even ukranian,belorussian and greek but no hebrew at all.. so if i want to chat with my buddies i have to do it with the virtual keyboard.. i really think nokia should give a little support to hebrew,arabic,chinese and japanese languages,we're not part of europe but we're still nokia users.. thank u again konttori.