Posts: 16 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Islamabad, Pakistan
I have N900 for a couple of months now and a few days back it started behaving awkwardly. When I charge this phone and unblug it from the charger it only lasts for 4-5 hours with its back being heated all the time. I had flashed my phone also thinking that there might be some sort of new process which was running all the time but this didn't solve the problem. Is there something I can do to get my N900 back to normal or I should visit Nokia Care to get it fixed? I love my N900 and don't want to loose it. :-(

Please held me out.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Yeah turn brightness down and leave it on 2g only, if u keep switching from 2g to 3g or turning your internet off and on it drains the batt each time u change somthing like that, so leave it on 2g all day and see how much u get then, done keep turing on and off your im contacts as this aslo drains the battery.

Also if u charge over night and u wake up and the light is green unplug it pull battery out and back it and keep charging untill full again.

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
if its hot contantly without charge then yeh take it in to nokia

Quite likely a stuck process. Can you post the output after typing "top" into xterminal?

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Do you have batterygraph installed since before the problem?

What is the output of:
cd /var/lib/dpkg/info/; ls -lrt *.list; cd ~
?

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
Quite likely a stuck process. Can you post the output after typing "top" into xterminal?
Couldn't upload the graph but I have found below information which I think serve my purpose;

CPU: 98.4% user 1.3% sys 0.0% nice 0.0% idle 0.0% io 0.
Load average: 1.10 1.16 1.09

In processes, I have found that /user/bin/hildon-in is using %CPU over 95.2 all the time. Is thing something you were referring to stuck process?

Last edited by Farhan; 2011-06-02 at 01:46.

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Have you tried aircrack recently? I find that screws up my battery until I reboot my phone.

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Have you tried aircrack recently? I find that screws up my battery until I reboot my phone.
Nopes, never heard of aircrack.

So do a top and see which process takes up all that cpu.

hildon-input-method

I also sent him a potential fix and will post here if it goes according to the comments in the bug tracker suggests it will.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post: