Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by LamboRDD View Post
~ $ df -h
/dev/mmcblk0p1 27.0G 2.5G 24.5G 9% /home/user/MyDocs
/dev/mmcblk1p1 14.8G 4.7G 10.1G 32% /media/mmc1
That indicates that you have only 2.5GB used on your MyDocs. Does that sound about right? All your music, pictures, maps etc?

Yes I have no problem on accessing through my laptop (as PC Suite and Mass Storage), But before I can copy/move file(s) on PC Suite mode, But not now.

there's only 2 problem right now

1. No music shown on media player
2. Couldn't access root files on File Manager.
PC Suite mode uses the phone to access your files, so it will suffer the same problems the apps on phone (like Media Player or File Manager) suffer.

I did not notice any obvious problems in your mount output but I still suspect an obscure file system corruption. If you are sure you can see all your files in mass storage mode, then I recommend copying them off your phone, then disconnect the phone and reformat your MyDocs partition ("main memory") in File Manager (tap and hold the icon, menu will pop up) and then copy the files back again in mass storage mode.

Posts: 502 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ /dev/null
Please lose the use of bold formatting when seeking help.

First off, tracker and its own provided binaries has nothing to do with gpx files. Those gpx files are related to GPS co-ordinates/pinpointing, etc. Read this for more information as to what proper trackerd actually stores and doesn't store, what filenames it uses or it doesn't use.

There is a nifty trackerd configuration tool known as tracker-cfg. From there you can read all the relevant information and control trackerd in a way that you want it to operate.

In default/most cases, trackerd keeps its own log in: "/home/user/.local/share/tracker/trackerd.log". A simple:
Code:
lsof| grep trackerd
will give you what files does trackerd has access to and more. If the logs within "/home/user/.local/share/tracker/trackerd.log" is not enough then use tracker-cfg to increase the verbosity of the trackerd output when trackerd does its own rounds.

When issuing:
Code:
tracker-processes -r
you will need to give trackerd time to re-initialise again and generate the database in which stock media player for instance depends on. You can always check in a couple of ways: 1) through the log as mentioned above, 2) starting up media player (and it should show you a banner that it is retrieving information on files, etc 3) Using things such as cpumem-applet and monitoring until the first of the two bars goes down and stays down.

Depending on how big your list of media stuff and how you configured trackerd the results can vary. If, for whatever reason you do not get a full list of media (as you expected) or that it still shows no media files. You may have a more serious problem:
Code:
dmesg
may show you issues if and when they occur.

Judging from your various outputs, you would have realised to also have sysklogd installed and therefore /var/log/syslog would show you information pertaining of and on more of userland tools rather than at kernel level information. If you're not familiar with all of what I'm saying, I do not understand why you have CSSU-Testing/CSSU-Thumb installed knowing full well that they are not there for the average users.

If the issue started happening a month ago, you should have tried to look into it as soon as you can before you forget what you did last and/or installed something else which may ruin even more your setup.

If you have no recollection of what you did last to make your setup become like this and you don't have any decent explanation why you have CSSU-Testing/CSSU-Thumb installed/enabled when you aren't even familiar with basic linux commands then I only offer one suggestion. Backup and re-flash, it will be a lot simpler than trying to finding a needle in the haystack and to have people stabbing in the dark.

The Following User Says Thank You to tuxsavvy For This Useful Post:
Guys thank you very much indeed it worked the minute I typed the simple command and I couldn't be happier. Best regards to you from Egypt

Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Did you check you have at least 10-15% free space in the /home partition?

I had the /home 98% full and trackerd did not start indexing any new content.

The Following User Says Thank You to alfmar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Even with more than 10% free disk space, you could have ran out of inodes (too much files of small size, check with 'df -i').

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2014 @ morocco
can you help me ?? I have the same issue , but when i type tracker-status it's always showing "tracker status is paused" but no media in both OMP and MediaPlayer .
thanks in advance , and sorry for my bad english .