Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
intuitive is simply a measure of how little people have to actually think through what they're doing..

and he actually complains about the touchscreen JUST because it's ressistive, "It’s worth noting at this point that the N900’s touchscreen is resistive, like the Nokia N97’s, and not capacitive, like the iPhone’s or Android phones. This was disappointing to hear"

also: "In fact, in some cases, the touchscreen is just a little too responsive. It seems to react to even the slightest touch of your finger, which can cause it to interpret a movement as a swipe when all you meant to do was place your finger on the screen."

what is WRONG with this person!?!

source of my hate:
http://mobilementalism.com/2009/09/1...martphone-yet/

The Following User Says Thank You to optimaxxx For This Useful Post:
haha that was kind of funny so exactly what did he not like about the resistive screen?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
He tried. You could tell he was really trying. Bless his heart.

(Hands-on with the N900 in a darkened theatre = sticky keyboard?)

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
…and why you shouldn’t!
Number of apps written for Maemo platform will be limited
how can he say something like that?

Originally Posted by xiph View Post
how can he say something like that?
He could base that on assumptions that android and iphone will have a larger marketshare and more developers.

I'd still pick n900 for the openness. And I think and hope the n900 will grow much bigger than what would be expected from the interest in the n8x0:s and previous maemos.

Or maybe he just means limited as opposed to infinite, which is probably a correct assessment for the foreseeable future.

"The N900 sports a compass and aGPS"
Cue the hordes of maniacs obsessing over n900's (lack of) compass and how they could wrangle it in

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
He could base that on assumptions that android and iphone will have a larger marketshare and more developers.

I'd still pick n900 for the openness. And I think and hope the n900 will grow much bigger than what would be expected from the interest in the n8x0:s and previous maemos.

Or maybe he just means limited as opposed to infinite, which is probably a correct assessment for the foreseeable future.
Yes, maybe. But it doesn't have to be that way.

As you probably already know;
There are already several applications to earlier the earlier maemo-dists which probably are going to be ported and there are also tons of applications for Linux in general which be modified for maemo5.

So I don't see that lack of applications will be an issue.

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
It's more intuitive than Symbian but less intuitive than the iPhone

(Please notice the iPhone UI is designed to be as simple as possible and stuff like multitasking would be way too complicated for your average iPhone user)

I don't think multitasking would be to hard for the people who use the iPhone. Rather it's the OS itself and application market that's not designed around multitasking that causes the problems.

Once Apple releases their revolutionary multitasking feature on the iphone you'll see people multitasking.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by joppu View Post
It's more intuitive than Symbian but less intuitive than the iPhone
Personally, I go out of my way to avoid using the word "intuitive" to describe anything. I've found it to be entirely too subjective.

In the end, there are two items I've most often seen upheld as paragons of intuitiveness: the hammer and the nipple. UI/UX designers have a tendency to wax poetic on the perfect design of these items. However, it's common for people to grip hammers too high on the handle, reducing the effectiveness of the tool, until they are taught proper usage. And calling a nipple "intuitive" ignores the existence of lactation consultant as a career path as well as the USLCA, the ILCA, college courses, and certifying boards for those in the profession.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-11-03 at 15:24. Reason: adding forgotten definite article

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad review, very bad