Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well.. that ugly *** interface is what Nokia is unfortunately sticking with. It will take utter failure to switch back or choose Harmattan UI on perhaps Tizen.

So, next year perhaps?

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Rant rant rant rant rant rant rant. Rant rant!

Rant, rant rant rant (rant rant rant rant rant rant). Rant rant, rant, rant rant rant rant... Rant rant rant rant rant rant? Rant rant.

edit:
Hey, what the heck happened to my post!?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Well.. that ugly *** interface is what Nokia is unfortunately sticking with. It will take utter failure to switch back or choose Harmattan UI on perhaps Tizen.

So, next year perhaps?
Unfortunate, but true. This is a pure sign that Nokia doesn't give a crap about its consumers. People don't like WP7 (proven by current market share) and yet they stick to it. They have proprietary OSs which people love, new Belle, Maemo 5 and MeeGo Harmattan, they announce death and shove a hated OS with lack of freedom and functions down their customer's throats. The way Nokia is going, I rather see them die than go through hell.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by panjgoori View Post
MeeGo is competitive with any OS. Every website even engagdet which i think doesn't like nokia phones liked N9 and MeeGo alot. but i don't understand why elop chose Windows phone instead of MeeGo.
Cause Elop was Microsoft's 8th biggest shareholder. I think he's 9th now.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Almost all of the WP7 phones feature the same resolution. As to the tiles ruining the UI, we will just have to disagree. I do not find it superior, just way different.

And by use, and I meant using it for an extended period of time. Not merely tapping on it. The People tile is smaller than the Calendar tile. So, not sure what you mean by that.

Both the Mango and Harmattan UI have flaws; WP7 more so than Harmattan.
I've never been a huge fan of the Tile interface, starting with Microsoft's experimentation with it on the XBOX 360. Though their tendency to intermix it with advertisements may be why. It removes familiarity with where things are (e.g. go up 3 and right 2 boxes to get to X).

Luckily the next update will bring voice control so I won't have to use it as much (the quickstart feature utilizing the Xbox is another story). Though why Microsoft is insisting we insert Bing into every phrase is a bit silly "Xbox Bing X" is better than just "XBOX X" or "Kinect X".

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I finally had both Lumia 800 and N9 side by side. I have had my fare share at those OSs separately, but one next to the other, all I can say is, Elop is a complete idiot. No competitive inhouse device, my *****. Whoever sees this two devices together can immediately tell which is the original design. Harmattan runs beautifully and seems much smoother even though I was taxing the cpu with running apps. I had people gather and ask whether the one in my left hand (lumia) was a chinese knock off. But, seriously, after swipe, capacitive or virtual buttons are dinosaur design for one handed use.

I think the big problems with Mango lies within the characteristic. Mango has virtually nothing manufacturer-specific features. All Mango looks the same, HTC, samsung, LG, Nokia. And that makes us shun away. Why the hell would I buy your phone if everyone else is going have the same features, other than the maps?
The "Tiles", for simplicity, they said, is one of the least-user-friendly features I have seen. Even using terminal is easier than that.

The tiles take up a lot of space and have low information density. They only tell you how many messages but no preview. Web addresses pinned as tiles do not update. An app pinned as a tile for quick access is just a big ugly icon. You need a tile for each and every social media like facebook, twitter, whatsapp and every email account to get notifications. The problem is that you will soon need to scroll to look at your notifications and this is not efficient.

Overall WP7.5 does not make use of screen space efficiently. The huge oversized fonts for headings are unnecessary and idiotic. Look at the empty space under the forward arrow in the home screen, what kind of design is this?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamGan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
i know its w8 but.. looks almost the same

Last edited by tebsu; 2012-05-25 at 05:47.

Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
i know its w8 but.. looks almost the same

What the hell is that?
image is blocked on my isp.

I'm flattered