Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
i sorry i just lost my cool

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I wasn't even in a need of an update. This device did everything I expected and more out of the box.

Both of the updates went smooth, I didn't encounter a single glitch.

I know this doesn't help you, but I just felt like sharing it.

dont feed the trolls appels....

Originally Posted by aniMAL_ View Post
NSU = Fail.
OTA = Win.
I think it's more "SSU = Win" as it's using the standard Debian update methodology to push OS upgrades. While not 100% foolproof, failures are recoverable and don't wreck the device and the cause can be easily discovered and resolved.

I wish more devices treated upgrades like this, instead of them being treacherous, risk-wrought events.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Did Apple release a detailed changelog?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Maemo_5/PR1.1

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
Stuff works for me. Figure out how to reflash. That's what I did. Not because I had to, but I felt more comfortable with a fresh install, rather than an upgrade. But I'm an systems engineer, so that's how I roll.

Does the N900 resume downloads, as I did an OTA update and it looked like it was about to finish and then came up with an error message, so I hit update again and instead of downloading the 90Mb it downloaded 276kb and then ran the full update

I would say that most of the issues are multiple posts of the same issues by different users and as others have said its those who used NSU and had extras-testing

I only got the phone last night so what I think might be an issue on mine might be a bug already present

ie I noticed that when plugged into the USB in Mass Storage Mode on my Laptop the wireless disconnected on the N900, but that could be normal but then it didnt do it after the update

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
I don't have any issues with my N900 after updating to PR 1.1 OTA..

Literally no issues what-so-ever..

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
There will always be bugs, but imo this update was great, especially the improved browser and emu speeds!

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ the netherlands
I think apple is going to invade Maemo and Android to get the Amiga OS in the corner so they can buy their new findings with the Amiga X1000 and make it look good, maybe we just have to let down our guard and let them win :P