Active Topics

So this past Saturday my N9 was acting really weird and I thought it was the sim card since i made it to a microsim myself. The signal kept going down to zero when I am suppose to have all bars. I have AT&T btw. And it would come back after I turned the phone off. I could receive texts and calls but not send anything because I always got an error. Thinking there was a problem with my sim card, I went to AT&T and got a new microsim. I put it in and it worked fine but when I went to sleep the same thing happened. The signal was completely zero and it came back after I put it into airplane mode.

As anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for this situation?

Last edited by chiron; 2012-02-14 at 17:57.

Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Originally Posted by chiron View Post
So this past Saturday my N9 was acting really weird and I thought it was the sim card since i made it to a microsim myself. The signal kept going down to zero when I am suppose to have all bars. I have AT&T btw. And it would come back after I turned the phone off. I could receive texts and calls but not send anything because I always got an error. Thinking there was a problem with my sim card, I went to AT&T and got a new microsim. I put it in and it worked fine but when I went to sleep the same thing happened. The signal was completely zero and it came back after I put it into airplane mode.

I have faced this too, no idea how to fix it.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

There's "at least" 2 bug reports relating to issues like this, can't recall them OTTOMH...
Some have been rectified for 1.2/3 but some are still outstanding, try searching the bug-tracker & subscribing to any that interest.
You'll then get a good insight into whether the most relevant one/s for you are fixed, or still being worked on.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-02-14 at 18:20.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
Who syas it is a bug ?

I have this as well and assume that after an x period of not using it, it switches off. The moment a call* is made it should turn on again and anyway after using the phone it comes back to full signal after ~ 30 to 50 seconds...

*will test this next time.

Possibly a case of weak 3g signal and this bug.. Keeps happening to my N9 64.
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79

Eerde it seems like its a bug bc no texts come thru when the phone has no signal... it might be a good thing if it goes inactive bc it will save battery but at the same time you won't receive any texts/calls unless you make them

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
def. a few like this or very similar, as I said, search tracker.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
...As anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for this situation?
Definitely this is a device specific issue [urs & the others who have reported so]. I do not have any such on either of my 5 x N9s [incl 2 x Cyans; 1-Chin / 1-Fin].

Qorax

I have this problem but only when I switch on the device or disable flight mode. The signal comes back within time though. I'm happy with N9 reception. Because it shows great signal on a network that has less coverage inside home.!

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by qorax View Post
Definitely this is a device specific issue [urs & the others who have reported so]. I do not have any such on either of my 5 x N9s [incl 2 x Cyans; 1-Chin / 1-Fin].

Qorax
Oddly, mine started literally just this week... it failed to send txts or receive (some queued) to send. Had to restart to clear. It did this at home, just sitting there in a place where there is normally signal... it has now done it a few times since. Drops to zero signal - the icon with the red line through it... Chinese 64gb Black.