Active Topics

Hey guys, I'm going to buy a nokia n9 (figure why not, last bit of fun before having to settle down with either android or windows phone when i upgrade in october) and I just can't choose between black or cyan. Anyone care to voice an opinion? The black is more stylish but the cyan is a bit more rare and unique. Hmmmmm

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
I don't want to be rude, but do you ask when you have to pooh !!!

It is just amazing the number of stupid question on that forum :s

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Blue any day. Where else can you buy a blue phone? Plus black looks like an old wheel after a day. Really ugly.

Have a blue one unless you can't get your hands on a white one.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Cyan. The black one looks so... ordinary.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Blue any day. Where else can you buy a blue phone? Plus black looks like an old wheel after a day. Really ugly.

Have a blue one unless you can't get your hands on a white one.
U have a point there Dave... the Cyan definitely looks classy [ditto the Magenta, for females]. And then don't we have enough of the drab black, grey, steel combo-dumbos in the mkt already? Our colored N9s bring-in a fresh breath of air, to the otherwise incognito sea of devices. And these r sure a head-turner!

I'd further look @ it this way:
-Buy the Cyan, if 16GB is our foray,
-Buy the White, if 64GB is our forte.

I wouldn't say the Black is ugly though. But it sure is a run-of-the-mill color... most devices r that way... but if we have a choice [Thanx Nokia for giving us that], why not? Nonetheless, the Black on N9 yet looks fab! Much better than the rest.

Qorax
Ps.: Oh yes, I gave u an 'actual' thanks there !

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ London, UK
i have both and i must say its a very tough choice.. During the day the blue one looks like the best thing you'll see, no seriously its amazing!) however in low light(very low light, where you can only just see the blue) conditions it doesn't look that good, the black looks amazing in the dark though bearing in mind the clear black amoled also it feels a bit more premium than the cyan but thats only my opinion.. Anyway for how amazing the cyan looks like during the day i'd choose cyan any day!

The Following User Says Thank You to slansr For This Useful Post:
I wrestled with the same question for a while.. I chose black because I thought it looked more classic/proper, even though I thought the Cyan contrasted so well with the screen.

Having said that, i put my phone promptly in the case and suggest you do, too.. so the colour of the phone may not be all that important if you can find a case with a colour you prefer.

It's good to hear your opinions fellers, I think i'm going to go with the cyan! It will be a nice change from the drab of my Galaxy S2.

As for Mousse04, pooh is a bear. I believe the word you were so desperately looking for is 'poo'. I hope you're proud of yourself mister.

Originally Posted by jakecarberry View Post
It's good to hear your opinions fellers, I think i'm going to go with the cyan! It will be a nice change from the drab of my Galaxy S2.

As for Mousse04, pooh is a bear. I believe the word you were so desperately looking for is 'poo'. I hope you're proud of yourself mister.
Awesome choice! While the black probably looks a bit more professional, the cyan really stands out compared to all the drab smartphones out there - appropriate for an OS that stands out compared to all the drab iOS and Android phones out there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by itsnotabigtruck View Post
Awesome choice! While the black probably looks a bit more professional, the cyan really stands out compared to all the drab smartphones out there - appropriate for an OS that stands out compared to all the drab iOS and Android phones out there.
Coincidentally, I've also been trying to decide between getting a Cyan or Black N9! Was also worried the Cyan N9 might not look "professional" enough.

But I'm thinking I still wanna go for Cyan. I was thinking that it stands out more, and that more people would interested in what phone it is - give the N9 some publicity in my own way!

Do you guys know whether the Cyan could start looking dirty / grubby after a while?