Posts: 51 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Hi guyz ! Upgraded thumb when it went out a few days ago (through HAM btw ) : so far so good !

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@ghitly - I already told you that the script should be modified with the current versions of the packages it "downgrades" by hand. No other way (well, you can apt-get them one-by-one :P )
Managed, but it was a real effort!
In case anyone finds itself in my situation, here how I proceded (some steps are redundant):

1) used the script given long time ago, deleting all the libqml upgrades (seems it had problems downloading the package) and upgrading by hand hildon-desktop (apt-get install hildon-desktop);

2) as quailman said some posts ago, libxml seemed to be a problem (using apt-get install, it didn't find the correct version, telling me it couldn't be downloaded). A solution was installing the .deb found in http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...g-5maemo4+0m5/, solving the dependencies problem via apt-get -f install and then automatically upgrading via apt-get (same occurred with zlib, first downgraded manually via dpkg -i, then upgraded automatically);

3) run a few times upgrade to see if there were missing dependencies.

Now, at the first reboot, everything seems working.
I attach the .sh file, plus the .deb used (they are freely downloadable by the links provided, but it's easier to find them all togheter).

ps: thinking backwards, it seems that "operator name" package caused the issue I experienced (reboot loop was always accompained by a flickering operator name on the desktop).

Live long!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@ghitly - just to make sure you have the correct packages installed, would you post the result of "dpkg -l | grep -- -thumb" without quotes.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

here it is:

Nokia-N900:~# dpkg -l | grep -- -thumb
ii hildon-thumbnail 3.0.51+0m5 Thumbnail library related programs.
ii libhildon-thumbnail0 3.0.51+0m5 Thumbnail library.
ii libqtm-bearer 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility Bearer module
ii libqtm-contacts 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility contacts module
ii libqtm-location 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility location module
ii libqtm-messaging 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility messaging module
ii libqtm-multimedia 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility multimedia module
ii libqtm-publishsubscribe 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility publish and subscribe module
ii libqtm-sensors 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility sensors framework module
ii libqtm-serviceframework 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility service framework module
ii libqtm-systeminfo 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility system information module
ii libqtm-versit 1:1.0.2-maemo4+0m5+0cssu1-thumb1 Qt Mobility versit module
ii xserver-xomap 2:1.6.99.1-0osso20090208.108+0m5-thumb0 Meta-package for X-related things
ii xserver-xorg-core 2:1.6.99.1-0osso20090208.108+0m5-thumb0 Xorg X server - core server

Hi all, been lurking for a while and getting n900 up to speed etc.

Apologies for starting off with a request for help, especially of this nature.

Been on CSSU (stable) for a while and thought I'd upgrade to Thumb. Followed the instructions in the first post of the thread, but something's gone wrong. It's almost certainly something I did, so again sorry about this.

Right, after clicking on the download there were a number of updates, and the phone shut down. I had it plugged in and had to boot it up manually. After that nothing happened - I think, it was a few hours ago now so the memory's a bit hazy. I did try a few things - restart HAM, restart the install (CSSU-enabler is already installed), etc.

Anyway, I am left with HAM listing a number of updates available, including the update to Thumb. It won't run it though and gives me the following in the "Problems" tab:

Application packages missing: apt (>= 0.7.20.2maemo13.2+0cssu1+thumb0)
dsme-thermalobject-surface
libcurl3(>= 7.26.0.1maemo1+0cssu1+thumb1)
libxml2(>= 2.6.32.dfsg-5maemo4+0m5+0cssu1+thumb0)
Confllict with application packages: libxml2(<2.6.32.dfsg-5meamo4+0m5+0cssu1)

I have tried a couple of different comabinations but currently have the following repos enabled:

Nokia Applications
Nokia System Software Updates
Ovi
maemo.org
CSSU (testing)
CSSU (thumb)
maemo extras-testing

The phone's still workable and I assume I can continue as befoe by disabling the CSSU thumb repo? But I'd like to resolve this and finish the install of thumb, so any help here would be gratefully received.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Do you have kernel-power or kernel-cssu installed?
Code:
apt-cache policy kernel-power kernel-cssu
This would be essential to proceed. Version of kernel-power should be 51r1 or higher.
Additionally please post the log of HAM, you will find it in the 'Problems' tab in HAM or paste the output of
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-community-pr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Just updated, Marble doesn't work anymore - map window full of garbage. Perhaps something pango related? Anyone else facing the same problem?
Currently I don't have the time to try old packages, if it is needed I can do some digging on Sunday

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
Do you have kernel-power or kernel-cssu installed?
Code:
apt-cache policy kernel-power kernel-cssu
This would be essential to proceed. Version of kernel-power should be 51r1 or higher.
Additionally please post the log of HAM, you will find it in the 'Problems' tab in HAM or paste the output of
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get update
apt-get install --reinstall mp-fremantle-community-pr
Thanks for the reply.

I have 1.2.6.28-10power50 installed.
I misunderstood theinstuctions in the first post and thought it said the kernel would be updated if it wasn't at 51r1. Should I update that first?

Here is the output of the update: http://pastebin.com/iWnvkeg6
And the install: http://pastebin.com/9pbrzH8F
(apologies for the formatting)

Originally Posted by jurop88 View Post
Just updated, Marble doesn't work anymore - map window full of garbage. Perhaps something pango related? Anyone else facing the same problem?
Currently I don't have the time to try old packages, if it is needed I can do some digging on Sunday
marble is fine here with latest thumb installed

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@ghitly you should install correct versions of libqtm too, get it (the version) from here http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...q/qt-mobility/

@skanky - double-check you have both cssu-testing and cssu-thumb catalogs enabled in HAM. After doing so, click on "update" button and select "refresh" from the menu. for sure those packages exists (an example here : http://maemo.merlin1991.at/cssu/comm...ol/free/a/apt/). CSSU-thumb metapackage should install the correct kernel automagically

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life