yeah the iPad's screen is also 3x larger. what's your point?

a blah blah blah blah blah,
(fingers in ears) nananananan nanananana nananananana nananana
blah blah blah blah

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nokia is too busy distinguishing themselves via cameras. The N8 and now the 808.

Apple is setting the pace in marketing terms around Samsung sourced screens.

Samsung is deepening their lead into SuperAMOLED screens and resolution density.

It's all about what the company has decided to use to set themselves apart from their competition.

Retina display or not, it's not Nokia's prime concern at this moment. Especially since Symbian and WP7 are both limited in regards to how high their screens scale.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
The fact that it does have "too much color for Your eyes" isn't proof that it's worse. Some people like more green-only displays from 70's, but that doesn't mean it's better to not have more colors/contrast

BTW, calling it Nokia-biased is BIG LMAO, especially in my case. Have You ever read, what I think about Nokia (as a company)? Instead, refer to qwazix table. Pixel density is only one (small) advantage of apple'ish displays, while they sux at every other aspect...

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Sorry, but a return to green screen would make want to kill.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
I dont understand this hostility. This is why products like ipad3 are selling like hotcakes. They are even calling them resolutionary. Are 50,000,000 people that will buy these devices wrong? i loved the N900 resolution, and I was real disappointed that N9 is nothing like it. The letters are fuzzy, broken and only when magnified look normal. I still dont understand why NOKIA cant improve on what N900 had in terms of resolution. N9 is a huge step backward.
And Lumia is better?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
And Lumia is better?
If you were to go by the numbers...

Nokia Lumia 800: 3.7 inch screen @ 800px by 480px = 252.15 ppi
Nokia N9: 3.9 inch screen @ 854px by 480px = 251.19 ppi

1 extra pixel per inch in favor of the Lumia 800. I'm quite sure it makes all the difference, but there's a very slight advantage in regards to pixel per inch; which relates directly to the OP statements of why Nokia should use the 325ppi or so (less for the New iPad) "Retina" type screen.

Not taking up for anybody. Just stating the facts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
An interesting article from scientifically inclined screen aficionado. Pentile amoled basically sucks and I love the beginning.."crap, I got one with a broken screen!"

http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2011/0..._oled_screens/

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by tHMZ View Post
The amount of Nokia bias is incredible. Have you ever seen a retina display? it might sound like a marketing gimmick but it's the best out there. CBD comes after (excluding the crap resolution ones) because super amoled plus has TOO much color for my eyes.
as my father owns an e6 i am often looking at it and i am not impressed with "retina", on the the distance of about 40cm no human being sees any difference from n900 screen for instance

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@Lumiaman,

I think you don't know exactly what you're "fighting" for. If you want to complain about Pentile be my guest. Never had such display, but I'm "intuitively" against it.

But resolution? I won't repeat all arguments that have been put on this misplaced thread. Can you tell me how many DPIs most desktop monitors have? have you ever seen anybody complaining things like "when I read a PDF using acroread with 125dpi my eyes hurt!" I haven't.

BTW:
IPAD 3: 9.7 inch, 2048x1536 -> 263.92 dpi
N900: 3.5 inch, 800x480 -> 266.56 dpi

Last edited by reinob; 2012-03-19 at 09:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:

Tags
godwin’s law, pentile, screen res