Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
This is a hardware issue and they should replace it for free under warranty.
aww men! is this another case of "Nokia Screen of Death?"

no such problems, try to remove mmc and reboot, remove battery, install, and reboot.

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Belo Horizonte - Brazil
The same thing just happened to me, Im completely freaking out! Did you already get your phone back, do you know if I can ship the phone to Nokia USA to get the warranty?
Thanks in advance!

Posts: 243 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Knowhere
Originally Posted by tchuppskilla View Post
The same thing just happened to me, Im completely freaking out! Did you already get your phone back, do you know if I can ship the phone to Nokia USA to get the warranty?
Thanks in advance!
So you have the same problem as the OP? You've just bought the phone, charged it for the first time and you have a hardware failure?

http://wiki.maemo.org/Frequently_asked_questions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N900
http://wiki.maemo.org/N900

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Belo Horizonte - Brazil
well, mine actually stop working out of the blue. I went to sleep and left it charging and when i woke up it had a black screen though anything else worked: it rang, the flash would work if i uncovered the lens and shot a picture...
then i tried to connect with my tv to at least have a screen and the TV also showed a black screen, so i think that the problem is related to the video output of the phone, both to the screen and to the AV out...
right now im still figuring out what im gonna do... might send nokia usa an email asking what to do with it, if i have to send them or what...

Similar problem on my 5 month old N900. Abruptly no LCD or TV out, but all else seems to work. Reflashed to 100% factory configuration (including eMMC) but no improvement. Time to see how well Nokia handles warranty matters.

had same problem... blank screen after 5 months. nokia sent me new device after 7 days great service, but now im still afraid my device will fail again after warranty is up. what then?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malaysia
hi el3ctronick, can u tell me how u solve the problem, my n900 got the same problem now, i send it to nokia centre, the workers tell me their dunno how to solve this problem. Can u help me?

Did anyone who's having this problem of blank screen tried what gabby above stated??? I don't have this problem but in case this solution works.. then there won't be any need of involving (nokia) as we all kno how well it goes :P

Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
aww men! is this another case of "Nokia Screen of Death?"

no such problems, try to remove mmc and reboot, remove battery, install, and reboot.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Australia
bumping an old thread...

this just happend to me.. phone was working fine.. closed the screen.. hour later went to look at a message and.... black screen!!! same as OP as everything else seems to work.. notification lights camera ect ect...

as for gabby's post.. what is MMC?? is that the sim?? thanks

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Malaysia
MMC=Memory Card