Oh no this is not at all what I was expecting. I thought you had created an app which could use your voice and leave a lying voicemail or something like that.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
[...]

The author of the poll said that he lied deliberately because the title he chose got more attention for his subject.

[...]
Welcome to the wonderful world of journalism. Often used to provoke a reader to read the article, btw. On the Internet we'd call it trolling though it isn't a new phenomen. Note also that a personal website (blogs et al) are an perfect place for that; forums aren't since the forum users together make the website.

So indeed, I believe you're right, and titles should be accurate. Implication of this is that something like a column is not possible on the forum anymore. But again, blogs are a more appropriate place for that.

I'd actually go further than this. In my opinion the first post of a thread should be a descriptive of the whole thread, and the person who started the thread should keep in mind his/her post can be edited to contain additional information. IOW, important progress made in a thread should be reflected in the first post. I believe this has been proposed before, though I believe the same counts for your proposal.

I'll say mods should remove all titles, just put random numbers or convert titles to binary form, that way all post will be treated the same way..

tbh, I haven't see much posts with Lie titles, the best way to handle it is to inform mods, of course after notifying the OP.