Notices

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I searched for a place to post this but didn't find one.

The number in the status bar is cool and useful, but too small. It might also be nice to be able to change attributes such as color.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
I can not change the iconsize for statusbar plugins.
Only 18x18 icons are allowed.

Of course you can exchange the icons I used for this
app, with your own icons.
Just replace my icons
/usr/share/pixmaps/active-desktop-sp/
(names are
active_desktop_1.png
active_desktop_9.png
with your.

Feel free to post your icons here. I would like
to see those.

Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
If I am not mistaken, the area is displayed by hildon-status-menu, which is free. It currently has two special icon positions that are allowed to take place of two icons (used by battery and cell signal plugins). It should not be too hard to add a "very special" position that will allow taking place of four icons, thus allowing plugins to use larger icons for status display.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hm interesting, a modified hildon-status-menu?

nicolai

Actually I already distribute a modified version of hildon-status-menu - one that allows opening and closing the menu with the keyboard, as well as selecting menu items with the keyboard. There is no reason that others will not also enhance hildon-status-menu according to their requirements. That is what free software is about. Also, since hildon-status-menu already supports various icon sizes, adding another size should be easy.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
The desktop status plugin is a really cool idea, thanks nicolai.
would love to see it a little bigger though i think two spaces verticaly would be enough without the border.
Also if it is to take up only one space maybe losing the border would allow for bigger characters, i'd try and make some myself but since my laptop died my trusty N900 is my only device, and it would be far too much of a pain in the ar#e to do it on.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I remember a neat statusbar clock for the N800 and N810 that had a bigger size than the standard one just by using slots for two programs for the numbers.

Before posting my original query I spent a long time looking at Matan's modified desktop but how to easily make these changes just hasn't sunk in yet.

I'll look at Nikolai's suggestion. I already use his desktop-switcher with my own icons replacing his numbers. I think Matan's modified desktop and nine windows and desktop-switcher are quite indispensible.

Last edited by geneven; 2010-11-17 at 20:47.