I tried searching a bit and found out how to turn on the display and how to prevent the screensaver from turning on, I also tried asking this on MeeGo.com and on the forum of Nokia Developers. But its awful quiet...

I'm looking for a way to unlock my device from the screensaver and bring the application to the front.

Why? I have connected my N9 to a Bluetooth module, this module checks if the pager from my (motorcycle) alarm is active. In case its active I want to run an alarm animation with a fitting alarm sound..

The sound and animation runs now, but since my phone is on the screensaver I can't see the animation, I do hear the sound.

The bluetooth connection is written in C++ and the application itself in QtQuick.

Anybody can help me with this?

You can use QmDisplayState. Preventing display from suspending works for sure, because I used it. But I don't know if QmDisplayState::set works properly, but it should be what you are looking for.

http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...playState.html

Thanks, I already tried this thro. The only result QmDisplayState gives is turning on the lights of the display, it sadly will not close the screensaver itself...

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
There is a way to close screensaver and bring up your app by using xserver events directly, but as applications are not allowed to tamper with screensaver functionality by ovi policy, I wont be posting the details in here.

For getting screensaver not to activate there are plenty of old threads in the forum howto do that by using gconf. Use google search for that.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Thanks rainisto

My application is homebrew and stays that way, so the ovi policy is something I can ignore?

If so, could you perhaps mail me the details? or can I get enough instructions from here? http://harmattan-dev.nokia.com/docs/...nterfaces.html

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I'm running N9tweak, with the option enabled that allows a double tap on the lock button to unlock the screen.

Under this configuration, if I open an app and lock the screen while the app is on screen, when I double tap the power button the N9 is unlocked and the app that was on screen before the phone was locked is then displayed right back where it was.

It's been really useful when reading directions. I can read, lock the screen and put the phone in my pocket, and then when I'm ready to ready some more all I have to do is double click the physical button.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post: