Notices

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Please pardon my ignorance... In this case, your app is like a front end to maps.google.com, as opposed to something like the google maps I used to use on my n96, correct?
Yes... GeePS started as just a front-end to google maps. It is growing to have some functions not directly related to google maps. But all that has to do with showing a map is "google maps",

I assume you are talking about the google "kit" for symbian phones. If that is the case both are front-ends that embed a web site using google maps Javascript API.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Yes... GeePS started as just a front-end to google maps. It is growing to have some functions not directly related to google maps. But all that has to do with showing a map is "google maps",

I assume you are talking about the google "kit" for symbian phones. If that is the case both are front-ends that embed a web site using google maps Javascript API.
Thanks for answering my question. Because this is a front end to the website, is that a reason it may be difficult to incorporate touch scrolling as opposed to using the 4 arrows to scroll around?

The google maps I had on my n-series phones were acquired my giving google my phone number, and I received a text prompting me to download a goooglemaps.sis file. The file was small, so I guess everything makes sense now...

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Thanks for answering my question. Because this is a front end to the website, is that a reason it may be difficult to incorporate touch scrolling as opposed to using the 4 arrows to scroll around?
I don't think it will be difficult, I just haven't had the time - I am working on other features.

On the previous pages of this thread you will find one possible implementation of the "touch scroll".

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ San Francisco, CA
Loving this app...especially the traffic layer. Thank you!!!

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
Feature request:
integration of latitude - is it possible ?

CU - M_99

Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hi,

This looks pretty exciting.

I tried to install but got the 'unable to install' message because the package "libqtm-location" is missing.

Is there a way of getting that package? I'm using the phone to download the app. Would I have more luck browsing to this page:
http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps/ ?

Thanks.
Hi again,

I tried installing geeps from the page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps) and I didn't know what to do. Do I download the deb file? And which one should I choose, armel or i386?

Can anyone help me get the 'libqtm-location' package and install geeps?

Thanks.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Originally Posted by Jamil View Post
Hi again,

I tried installing geeps from the page (http://maemo.org/packages/view/geeps) and I didn't know what to do. Do I download the deb file? And which one should I choose, armel or i386?

Can anyone help me get the 'libqtm-location' package and install geeps?

Thanks.
It would be much easier to enable extras-devel then searching for geeps and installing it from there...

But yeah you need the armel deb file to install it on your N900..

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Feature request:
integration of latitude - is it possible ?

CU - M_99
What is integration of latitude? Can you explain to me what you are looking for?

Felipe

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Austria (no kangaroos over here)
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
What is integration of latitude? Can you explain to me what you are looking for?

Felipe
Oh sorry - I thought you would already know:
http://www.google.com/intl/com/mobile/latitude/

There's a thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38542
Garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/googlelatitude

CU - M_99

The Following User Says Thank You to M_99 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Oh sorry - I thought you would already know:
http://www.google.com/intl/com/mobile/latitude/

There's a thread:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38542
Garage:
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/googlelatitude

CU - M_99
I didn't think of Google Latitude...

I don't see why not.... It is probably quite easy... Has the googlelatitude garage project already produced an application?

I don't particularly like the idea of sharing my location information so I will not spend much time creating but if it is easy enough I will be glad to incorporate it to geeps.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-19 at 21:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post: