Active Topics

I am building a (hopefully) cool hardware accessory for the 770.

I do not want to divuldge more at the moment, but with a little luck there will be pictures in the accessories section soon.

The problem for me is that plugging something into the headphone socket cuts off the internal speaker. I know that this is typical operation, and is often simply controlled by the jack circuitry.

Howerver, I also noticed that when I plug my headphones into the 770 when it is asleep, it wakes up. This indicates that the OS is aware of the headphone connection. Indicating that possibly, the muting of the internal speaker is under software control.

My question is can I over ride this? Can I have the internal speaker active even when something is plugged into the headphone jack? Can I select speaker/jack/both under software control?

Is there a mixer?

It would be great if I could just echo "<something>" >> /proc/<something> and have the internal speaker work, even with something plugged into the headphone jack.

Any help appreciated.

Mobile Linux? Got That.
Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2X, Motorola A780

Please visit http://linuxslate.com/ New! Discussion boards just started.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
forgive me if I cannot help you more than this but it happened to me once I flashed the os2006 beta that I plugged the headphones and the internal speaker remained on despite this. So there's some hope for you, and for us that are expecting your accessory

Well, the Texas Instruments page on the OMAP1710 proc in the 770 suggests using a TSC2301 audio codec. Just looking at the brief diagram I found on goolge, this should be have a pin that the 770's proc controls to mute the speaker. I haven't had a chance to take a close look at the datasheet since TI's website is down this morning, but maybe I can tell you more once it comes back.