Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
There are multiple threads with issues of people in the US and other locations unable to access Nokia Messaging. It supposedly should appear in the email providers listing, but it isn't on my device, yet is on others.

Can any of the Nokians give an official explanation? There is alot of conflicting information about Nokia Messaging setup, who can get free access, and how its done. There are some like me that follow the supposed steps to activate it, yet the option doesn't exist. No one seems to care, understandably, since it only affects a few N900 users. When will this issue get addressed?

I'm sure if Nokia were being paid for access to NM, faster action would have taken place. I can say email is a major service, and continuing to allow N900 owners to go unserved is bad business for Nokia and Maemo. We, especially myself, need some sort of action or at least an explanation.

All my SMS and voicemails get forwarded to my email, and PUSH email is integral to my workflow, and I'm unable to keep up at this pace. I have hundreds of emails per day, and am forced to use my desktop to keep up. This defeats the purpose of me using a mobile. I need my N900 to be more than my media player, but if I'm stuck at my desk after waiting months for this device and getting rid of my beloved N95-2, what's the point? Someone needs to get it together...

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
There are multiple threads with issues of people in the US and other locations unable to access Nokia Messaging. It supposedly should appear in the email providers listing, but it isn't on my device, yet is on others.

Can any of the Nokians give an official explanation? There is alot of conflicting information about Nokia Messaging setup, who can get free access, and how its done. There are some like me that follow the supposed steps to activate it, yet the option doesn't exist. No one seems to care, understandably, since it only affects a few N900 users. When will this issue get addressed?

I'm sure if Nokia were being paid for access to NM, faster action would have taken place. I can say email is a major service, and continuing to allow N900 owners to go unserved is bad business for Nokia and Maemo. We, especially myself, need some sort of action or at least an explanation.

All my SMS and voicemails get forwarded to my email, and PUSH email is integral to my workflow, and I'm unable to keep up at this pace. I have hundreds of emails per day, and am forced to use my desktop to keep up. This defeats the purpose of me using a mobile. I need my N900 to be more than my media player, but if I'm stuck at my desk after waiting months for this device and getting rid of my beloved N95-2, what's the point? Someone needs to get it together...
Tell Nokia youīre in another country (regional settings), just choose a european country for example and nokia messaging will work.

I just activated it from my hotel room in Rome, GA. I canīt see much of an advantage to using this though. Itīs an extra click into the mailbox, and who knows when this "trial period" runs out, and I wonder how much money Nokia thinks it can charge for this.

Last edited by olighak; 2009-12-03 at 01:25.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
If you use it like I do, where all SMS and voicemail are forwarded, and you monitor 6 email accounts, its great to have PUSH email. I've used it for a long time on my Symbian devices, and it supports web based accounts with ease.

Unfortunately, I won't get to try it, since my device has gotten stuck during flashing with b**ch a** NSU. Its said 1 sec remaining for almost 30 minutes now. I'm afraid to stop it.

Last edited by christexaport; 2009-12-04 at 03:03.